1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be honest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 2, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol love the meltdowns after a loss on here

D-rock and Remlap like this.
  2. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Exactly. Is this what happens to CF when the Rockets lose a game they should've won?

I don't really love the "buy high, sell low" mentality threads after a loss against a bad team.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Undefeated and a chip or else!

D-rock and riko like this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Since we're being honest...I honestly think that losing the rebounding battle by 30+, missing a bunch of make-able shots and both our superstars having an off night while only losing by 2 points means that we're a pretty damn good team.

Again, this loss sucks, and we can't be losing easy games while hunting for a good playoff seed--but to look at this game and say "oh our team construction is bad and we'll never make it far" isn't fair to the Rockets.

TAB, Y2JT, D-rock and 8 others like this.
  5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like when Westbrook is out of the game, it wouldn't kill us to play Tyson Chandler a few minutes to get lobs and floaters and allow James to find his groove. That formula has worked against the Knicks for 5 years now. Our small ball should be used to increase the variance against teams who are evenly matched or better, not teams we've dominated for a decade.

Smallball isn't a great strategy when James is out there alone. Oddly enough James seems to have more trouble finishing without a true center forcing the opposing center to pick their poison. I expect Tyson to play 9-10 minutes tomorrow.

Crashlanded19, Y2JT, payaso and 3 others like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I assumed it would take a blowout for this board to have a meltdown. Never mind

D-rock, Remlap, pr0wler and 1 other person like this.
  7. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Yes I agree with this. I think the Knicks were content with increasing the variance ie. allowing 3 pointers, and hope we miss in order to give them the best chance to win. And given that the Rockets were less than 36% 3PT on largely wide open looks, that's not a half bad strategy to give the Knicks a shot to win.

I think if we had Tyson in there for 10-12 minutes that might've helped a lot. But maybe it's too hard to switch back and forth on the fly between a lineup with no center and a slow footed big man getting minutes on the floor.

kjayp likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

we've got a punchers chance...
    any game or series we're in...
    2 MVPs and a deep bench...

DeBeards, fattz and daywalker02 like this.
  9. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

If you’re a true rockets fan, you never stop believing.

DatRocketFan, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  10. Remlap

Remlap Member

NOW he tells us!
    I've already ordered my Rockets NBA Champions swag
    I just knew we were going ALL THE WAY

D-rock and jojolover like this.
  11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

To no one's surprise, a LOT of bandwagon fans here. One loss, and team is trash, and everyone jumps off. Sheesh.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'd still wish Russell would be 6'9 though, the rebounding would be guaranteed.

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Bull
    Bull@$$x....watch the Lakers with Lebron, Davis, and McGhee. Not a chance we beat them if we somehow get out of the first round without a center. Gimmick is over as we have lost to the Suns and Knicks. I still think we could have gone 10-3 with a healthy Capela. Weren’t we like 41-2 with Harden, Paul, and Capela a couple years ago?

14. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Trump tower isnt made of bricks

I dont think ive seen a skyscraper made of bricks

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

DD thread rule in effect.

Don't EVER estimate the heart of a clutchfans jinx.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, but didn't think the rebounding issues were this dire...... an elite rebounding team will outrebound this team by 15+ in most games.

Bucks
    Nets
    Clips
    Mavs
    Pels
    Knicks

Those are the best 6 at rebounds per game. Lakers are at 8th, Celtics were at 9th, Rockets 14th overall this season (when Capela was here.)

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

D-rock likes this.
  18. pippsux

pippsux Member

Hopefully nobody else was watching cause that is exactly what they did.....However, it was a game against a horrible team who saw its shadow and wanted to show the new GM they belonged.....
    Clippers game is the one they really want and they played like it.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets didn't just lay down tonight. They fought back and came back. Fell short... after Harden blew that lay up all the air came out the balloon. That last possession should have attempted a 3 like two teams did to us this year but other than that I liked the energy I saw to get back into the game. That's tough to do.

D-rock, Rocket River and pr0wler like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was easy .....Boston or NY....of course you fight harder against the better team but yeah, Knicks played well enough for a team without a legit star player. (not trying to diss RJ Barrett)