1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's be fair, JB got screwed.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jVgOwnsYou, Apr 27, 2016.

1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I, like everyone else on the board, will be glad to see JB go, but when Morey fired McHale, he knew this is how it would turn out. Basically, JB got paid an assistant's salary to take the fall for the garbage roster Morey has built. I think overall JB did as well as he could given the situation, and I hope it doesn't ruin his career. That would not be fair.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You can't expect the players to respect you when they didn't respect your boss. Not a good coach, but got thrust into Morey's crapshow.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No . JB really could have done a lot better . He lacks knowledge and more importantly communication skills . He also lacks the ability to make good decisions .

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No. JB was handed a golden platter comparatively. I'd love his opportunity. He constantly messed with the rotation in random ass ways. As you've seen this series. He's not Todd with X's and O's and doesn't appear to be a leader or capable of dealing with personalities.

He's a really bad coach.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes, but that doesn't mean he's done a good job

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Anyone notice that green does all his scoring when dmo's on the bench ?

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol that feeling when you can't make wide open well set up corner 3 and then GS buries ****ing mid court .

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Oops sorry those meant to go in game thread

9. jVgOwnsYou

Nah of course he hasn't but to go from assistant to head coach the first month of the season is not easy. I think Morey deserves a lot more blame than he is getting. Not his year at all.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

JB screwed himself. This Rockets team isn't nearly as bad if Capela and McDaniels were integrated into the rotation. That's not on Morey

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He did but that's not an excuse for being one of the worst coaches I've ever seen when it comes to lineups, plays and leadership.

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

JB could've focused more on a midrange game. He could've put in a system. He could've focused on defense. He could've done alot of things. He didn't because he's a terrible coach lol

13. RESINator

RESINator Member

This idiot was gifted a prime James Harden and failed to capitalize. He did not get thrown in there. He knew the personnel, the players, he spent years with this team. He is just not cut out for the job. Enough with the excuses for him

14. jVgOwnsYou

He is clearly not a head coach in this league, but the Rockets decided to put him in that position and they deserve more of the blame for that.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

JB reminds me of Gregg Popovich.

16. Remlap

Remlap Member

Getting a chance to shine as Head Coach is getting screwed?
    Glass half empty. He got an opportunity of a lifetime.

Isn't that why guys sign up as Assistant Coach, so they can one day
    have a shot to take the helm and be an NBA Head Coach?
    This was a chance to make a name for himself. And yes, this roster had some issues.
    But I recall Adelman having some pretty weak rosters but his teams always seemed
    to over-achieve for their limited talent. That's what GREAT coaches do
    And no one was expecting JB to be Adelman.

Most first time NBA coaches start with a bottom feeder squad (McHale in Minny) to get started.
    But this group had talent. He didn't inherit a bottom feeder.
    He could have made a name for himself, but didn't. Took them to the playoffs though.
    More than the Jazz coach can say.

I wouldn't call taking your team in your first year to the playoffs 'getting screwed.
    Was the team supposed to take HIM to the WCF or NBA Finals instead?
    Is that how he got screwed? He didn't get to ride the gravy train to the finals?

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no. Byron Scott got screwed. He had to babysit Kobe until the bitter end and then got the boot.

JBB simply screwed up.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

JBB blew it, he should have come in as a hard ass and changed the culture, but instead he continued the enabling culture Morey created.

DD

19. SemisolidSnake

Whatever. He's part of the coaching staff that was bad enough to get McHale fired. He has no leg to stand on.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If he retires from ever being a head coach again, JB has a better lifetime winning % than his daddy #consolationprize