1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let us get a few things through our heads:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Dec 21, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Howard is by far and away the best center in the NBA. It is not even close. He is a horse you can hitch your wagon to. If the roster is healthy and Harden is injured the Rockets will be just fine.

The Rockets are going through an injury tsunami. Asik, Lin, Harden, Bev. Need I say more?

McHale is doing a hell of a coaching job. Serious injuries, happy roster, on course to 55 wins. God people, do you need neon to understand?

Jones at the PF is coming up obscenely short. Sorry. He had a decent run when teams were not scouting him. Teams are savaging him recently. Every game he seems to be getting worse. He is not a solution.

The Rockets are not going to beat the 4 best teams in the NBA with Lin and Asik out and Harden crippled. Not going to happen. We can all hope the injury gods are kinder to the Rockets later in the season.

CF posters should take a Xanax. It is a long season. No reason to get your panties gnarled up in your posterior at this point of the season.

8 people like this.
  2. Little General

Why does no one mention Greg on the injured list too?

3. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Hell Yea man.....I missed the game but he is playing like a beast last 3 weeks.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden needs to move the ball around and play smarter. You forgot that but excellent post!!!

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thank you sir.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I think half of these whiners already are on medication. Real fans are enjoying our team and our W-L record.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jones was battling a severe flu before. He should regain his form.

8. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

4-1 in first five games of season from Be 's injury to when he returned as starter.

3-1 when Harden was out.

9-8 vs western conference teams worse than Phoenix despite Phoenix losing Dragic 3 games and Bledsoe 6-7 games. And Phoenix has a starting centre with about 50 minutes playing time in total before this season and Gerald Green as its #3 scorer.

No, McHale hasn't done a great job. The only person to have missed a lot of games here has been Lin, and on clutchfans he's just a scrub and a backup PG.

McHale needs to go at the end of the season.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I agree that TJones is not getting it done, at least not on a nightly basis. But that isn't a surprise. He's 21 years old and he's still figuring things out. I'm sure Morey realizes this and is trying to upgrade that position. However, I don't think Morey is in panic mode about the PF position. I don't think he sees this as a make or break year. I'm content to see how TJones grows during the year. And at this point who else can we play. And please, no one say we need to use D-Mo.

Overall, I think the Rockets are doing fine. Plenty of room for improvement, but they are doing OK.

10. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. Do you have any understanding or knowledge relating to this topic? You seem like a newbie. So thought not.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you watch his growth, you will find that he is much better playing at Toyota Center than on the road.

Somehow he has to learn to adapt to hostile environments.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Ignore him, he was going to get his post in regardless of the topic. Certain people have an agenda.

Also, why is this thread only 1 star? Some B.S.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Given the injury situation the Rockets are doing better than fine. The destruction of Chicago losing Rose is more traumatic than than Houston's injuries. Nets also. Other than that has a NBA franchise been more adversely affected by injuries this season?

14. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

JTR always speaks the truth. Good work

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thank you good sir. I try.

16. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Including a star big man in your offense isn`t easy. Injuries mess everything up. One of the most important things in the NBA is a team that has experience playing together (see Indiana, Spurs, OKC, Miami...) - we basically started over fresh last season and had a big turnaround since then. And now, we can`t go 10 games without at least 1 injury to a major player.

Only Lin? Harden and Parsons has been battling injuries all season long, Bev. is no out for the second time. The whole Asik thing wasn`t helping.

Some people really need to get their expectations in check. Our goal before this season was HCA in the first round - we are right on track here. Everybody knew this would be a "growing" season and not a championship season. Injuries prolong that process. And chances are, that our roster will change significantly at the trade deadline.

McHale isn`t a perfect coach - but he is getting the results we were hoping for (HCA in the first round). Firing a coach can backfire in a bad way, and last season McHale did a great job, this season he has a really hard job and doing it well. It is way too early to call for his head!

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Forgot to mention we played the Detriot Pistons tonight. Overall the team came ready to play they knew they were going to be shorthanded. This team without Harden is definitely not going anywhere in the playoffs. Now with him they have a better chance. Harden set a opening night franchise record in scoring against Detroit.

18. dantian

dantian Member

Lin sits, Howard explodes for 35pt, 19reb, 5ass. Any coincidence? LOL

19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Howard took the load on his back and showed his mettle. He took an untalented Orlando team to the finals. On his back. It was the absence of Asik, Lin and Harden. Howard CAN and WILL be the man if necessary. 35/19/5/4. That game is for the ages.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't think Mchale is doing a great job either. We need a real coach.