1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Less Picks for T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ikorose, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I'd like to see less picks for T-Mac. T-Mac himself isn't the problem on offense, it's where he gets the ball. He gets the ball 25-30ft out too much. When we go to this so often it leaves other players standing still waiting for the possible kickout. It also leads to T-Mac getting double teamed, which results in the defense rotating off Rafer and leaving him all alone(not good).

T-Mac could come off screens set down low for easy looks in the high post area. Plays set up around the high post usually generates motion from the rest of the team. I'd also like to see more of T-Mac cutting to the basket hard.

I could see how the offense is coming along. I see a lot of penetration from Brent Barry and Aaron Brooks, and some post-ups and cuts/flashes to the basket from Artest. If we could get the ball to T-Mac in different places combined with Yao snapping out his slump there will be no offensive worries.

2. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Well I think that part of the problem is that Brent Barry is running point. He should be running around getting 3 pointers like Kapono and Korver.

Mcgrady does get the ball in the high post at times which he always seems to score on.

While Mcgrady or Artest has the ball in the post. The other should be moving to the open area.

Thats how Ray Allen gets all those points with Peirce in the post

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Totally agree, my solution: let Rafer / T-mac bring the ball up, put Yao and Artest on opposite sides of the post and work the ball around the perimeter and pass it to Yao / Artest. Then let them post up or make a move to the basket, if they're double-teamed kick it out to T-mac / Rafer for the three or a new set. Rotate between Artest / Scola on the post so Artest can stay outside the three point line with T-mac and Rafer to move the ball around. Also, they should make more cuts when Artest / Yao / Scola has it in the post; mainly Scola because he can scoop it up fast and is really effective around the basket. It worked well last year so let's make it happen this year.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I'd like to see the Rockets get a couple of first round draft picks for T-Mac.

5. JD2010

JD2010 Member

That's exactly what I was thinking.
    He IS the problem on offense.

6. LoveRoxHateJazz

Here is my post.

Tracy McGrady sucks. You can agree or disagree, but we can't agree to disagree, because I am right and you are wrong.

7. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Brent Barry can't penetrate anymore and T-mac won't cut to the basket.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Why would you do that when you can just clear up cap space for 20 M in 2 yrs? Seriously, you don't think when you post this repetitive spewing. It's real old.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the one play we haven't seen from tracy (where he does move) is the screen curls and right now he can't do that with his knee b/c he can't get separation from his man.

when his knee is healthier, you'll see tracy move around more.

relax guys, it's only 6 games into the season. we won't click until the all-star break (this is the case every year b/c we keep adding new guys every year)

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

T-Mac is not the problem on offense, and I can't believe people are upset with how he is playing. He is playing a far more efficient game this season and letting the game come to him. I'd easily rather have this T-Mac than the guy trying to shoot jumpers every time down.

I for one hope it continues because it will improve his health and get everyone on the team confidence they can step up when needed.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

yet he's the only one of 3 guys who showed up v. the champs, who really got up to play us.

and did our offense look good v. the clips? where tracy didn't play much? :confused:

12. LoveRoxHateJazz

The majority of T-Mac and Yao hate posts are:

-Usually one-liners
    -Illogical and/or incoherent if reasoning is given
    -A bad joke, either childish and/or pointless
    -When statistical evidence is used, it is always a small sample size. Many critical factors such as teammates, injuries, and opponents are ignored.

They are often made by posters who hated the Steve Francis trade. T-Mac haters still wouldn't do the trade over again even though the Rockets ended up with Steve Francis who is now a washed up player in the NBA.

If none of the above describes you and you are a T-Mac or Yao hater, then you are most likely unhappy and blame the Rockets lack of success for your problems in life. You should consider purchasing a copy of
    [​IMG]
    this DVD, and relive the glory years until you've realize Hakeem Olajuwan, Otis Thorpe, and Clyde Drexler are not in the NBA anymore. Every single player on that Rockets team is not in the NBA anymore. Get over it, and hope this current Rockets team can establish some postseason success.

13. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VT8uiT_rZ5k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VT8uiT_rZ5k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. LoveRoxHateJazz

This post is very telling. Thank you for posting this.

15. monkinamr2

monkinamr2 Contributing Member

Let's trade AntiSonic for Detlef Schrempf

16. Just2MuchHype

Just2MuchHype Member

they need to post him up on the low block more. When he sets himself in the midrange area and receives the ball, it usually leads to success. I hate seeing him get doubled 25 feet from the basket.

17. caneks

caneks Rookie

I didn't like T-Mac in the last 2 seasons. But He really played better so far this season.

18. HombreDeHierro

i'd trade AntiSonic for Jerry Sloan at this point...

maybe not. but the option is there.

19. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

How did this turn into a T-Mac bashfest!? You haters need to do what Ice-T told Soulja Boy to do.