1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leslie Alexander: Rockets plan 'to bring in a terrific free agent', will 'be a lot better' next seas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 5, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lol, Lamarcus is no equal of Dwight, we were forced to adjust our starting lineup because of how badly it was going and our starting point was anything but healthy.

The roleplayer thing also completely misunderstands how their team was built, Lillard came after, not before, whilst for us (and they have the 1st/2nd richest owner in the nba...), Dwight has come before we spend on roleplayers, but moreso than that, the reason we don't have those players is because those players don't make us the equal of okc, what's the point of getting players that would allow us to play badly and still beat portland playing above themselves if we're still not good enough to beat okc? All the options we had were barely better than lateral trades and the gap to okc and maybe the clippers is still slightly larger than that.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I have never considered myself a homer, ever. Your wrong man, just looking at how the Spurs are owning Portland is proof. Rockets did not give the effort that they should have.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Who can be mad when Chris Walken gives you more cowbell.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I refuse to float around in this semen cloud. Our problems don't stem from the lack of talent, which is blatantly clear. Until the organization focuses on what's really wrong they will continue to greatly disappoint me as a fan.

5. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

so ive heard that we could be in play for carmelo or rondo and there's a slight chance that minnesota might trade keving love (highly doubt it though) if im the rockets brass you have to go get rondo. he has everything the rockets lack: floor general, leadership, toughness, grit etc and he is a true point guard. the big question is will the rockets give up parsons to get him. YOU HAVE TO. A talent like rondo is rare in this league and to me you have to have a pretty good to great point guard in this league in order to compete at the highest level so i hope they do everything in their power to get rondo

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You have to worry that Rondo's impact will be minimized or even be negative as long as the coach is unimaginative and weak. Rondo will run right over McHale and we can all but guarantee that Rondo vs. Harden is going to be bloody. Rondo will fill the leadership void on this team and turn his fire on Harden's lazy a$$ and then the team is screwed. Once that happens, it might be too late to bring in a stronger coach.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree, since we won't get a coaching change we will need a Floor General to take control.

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Am I the only one that thinks we have a shot at LeBron this summer?

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rondo on this team would be amazing..... Yes it will happen :)

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Realistically? Yes. More so because it seems very unlikely he opts out and they break up that team until next year. However, if he were to leave Miami and his goal is to equal/pass Jordan in number of titles, then there is no doubt that Houston would be the perfect fit with Harden, Howard, Parsons and Beverly. Just moving Lin, Asik, and Jones and having Garcia opt out would let us offer him $19-19.5M. Ideally you could do it in a sign and trade of some sort, so you could also use the MLE, but Putting out a Bev, Harden, Parsons, LeBron, Howard starting lineup with Canaan, Daniels, Covington and Montie 2nd line would be pretty damn good. Would just need to find a defensive post to back up Dwight.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Bosh is much more likely. He wouldn't have to take as much of a backseat in scoring and would be able to return to Texas.

Dude should be the #1 PF in the NBA

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

With the way Houston performed in certain regular season games, it's incompetent coaching, and the performance in the PlayOffs? Think outside the homer box and consider the fact that teams like Dallas would be a better fit for him. If Lebron were to come to Houston, Mchale and Harden would need to be gone. The most piece Houston should consider to acquire is Rajon Rondo. Lebron is a smart guy and knows Mchale is incompetent and Harden is not a good fit next to him.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We can win with the team we have now if we do the following:
    1. Move the ball on offense, no more iso ball for D12 and Beard late in games. This doesn't win in the NBA and is easy to guard. Portland should be quiet because the Rockets I think average over 114 pts per game against them.
    2. Committment to D by everyone in the rotation
    * Harden if you want to lead then lead on the defensive end
    * McHale please find a quality defensive coach that the players will listen to
    * TJones hit the weight room son, Aldridge pushed you under 59 and beltway 8
    3. Coaching, the whole staff needs a lesson on holding leads
    4. Pbev get healthy, without you, Lillard went bananas on us
    5. Exactly what was need a 1st round beatdown to get the heads out of the clouds. Come back better and determined

14. alethios

alethios Member

Good lord, if we had Rondo, Lebron and Harden, we'd the most potent ISO offense in the league. That would make McHale look good as a coach.

All he'd have to say is, "Guys, just run ISO plays and play harder".

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes, lol. But I wish.

16. Rockness

Rockness Member

Rockets organisation are in denial about what is wrong with the team..

17. cmoney23

cmoney23 Member

we have no shot at lebron as much as he would fit nicely here with our core of harden and dwight i just dont see him leaving miami no time soon

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

HA, now that's funny. How about he just outplay David West next round. He seems to struggle to do even that.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Melo is the logical and best choice.

Small chance Lowry is added.

Stevenson and Deng are wildcards, but doubtful.

Outside of that, its not gonna happen. Bosh, Lebron, Dirk, Duncan, etc. are not coming.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

lol no he would say, "Run ISO harder, you aren't running it hard enough!"