1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander to buy the Dynamo

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by J.R., Aug 16, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>FOX 26 Sports has learned Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander is in negotiations to buy the Houston Dynamo soccer franchise.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/236180758220390401" data-datetime="2012-08-16T19:20:55+00:00">August 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#1 J.R., Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Holy s***.

Les,

Please, whatever you do, allow the front office to continue doing EXACTLY what they are and have been doing since moving to Houston. Be a silent owner. Please.

Thanks,

Everyone who is a fan of both the Rockets and Dynamo and doesn't want you to f*** up a good thing.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

murray!!

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Great news, let's get that dp that we were promised!

5. conquistador#11

Maury: "We're interested in upgrading our forward play. We have what it takes to grab Messi or Ronaldo. Getting one of those guys would push us over the red bull."

As long as they're winning, lex will enjoy viewing their dancers.

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I hope they're able to trade for Dwight Howard, would love to see him in Orange

1 person likes this.
  7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

if this happens can we unite the website too?

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

YAO comes out of retirement to play keeper. He would stop everything!!!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Le$ already ruined the Rockets, now he wants to bring down the Dynamo too? Expect new jerseys with a flying stick of dynamite that looks like an exploding dildo in the near future.

11. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind new jerseys with a different colors,but I don't see that happening soon since they are trying to build their name/popularity with forever orange. Orange is not a flattering color ..

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't follow the team much, but why would they sell, just as they're beginning to cash in on the new stadium? Les' offer too good to refuse?

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Les is a good owner in my opinion, but I agree he should have a hands off approach to the team if he does buy it. Also I know it is impossible but hopefully Les doesn't screw the pooch like he did with the Houston Comets and dump the team.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The MLS wants AEG to sell their controlling share because they also own the LA Galaxy. Now that the league is on solid footing, they want purely local ownerships for each team. No more multi-team ownerships. As far as De La Hoya and Brenner, I'm not 100% sure if they would be giving up their 25% share each, or if Les would only be buying majority stake in the team. I suppose they are working on all the different scenarios. I think the real coup here is the rights to BBVA. Of course the team ain't too shabby either. ;)

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can hate on No socks but his record at as first year owner of a team is impressive.

Rockets, Comets and Aeros all got championships early in his tenure.

16. tigereye

tigereye Member

A. Can't fault Les selling the Comets. The WNBA has unfortunately been a league in decline for many years. He got out when he had the chance & Hilton's offer.

B. "Too Hands On" as an owner ...YES, cause he always wants to win. Winning equals profits and Les knows that from his glory days with the Rockets, especially given his acquisition track record with the Rox: Drexler, Barkley, Pippen, Francis, Yao, TMac, Artest, chase of Bosh & recently Dwight Howard. But still yes, too hands on. But Houston doesn't have the market attract-ability of a NY/LA so when it's time to rebuild, forcing a trade for Dwight Howard wont achieve that. But given his appetite for winning and the international popularity of soccer/football, this could still be a huge positive for the Dynamo in the end.

C. Any owner (even Drayton) is better than serving as the red-headed step-child in AEG's ownership.

D. I view this move by Les as a preemptive strike to prevent BBVACS from stealing any concerts from Toyota Center. Both are similar sized venues designed to hold concerts. If someone else where to buy the Dynamo & gain control of BBVACS, Les knows he'll have to fight for concert business at Toyota Center.

17. tigereye

tigereye Member

Almost forget "E." Given the relatively low current salaries of MLS & the fact the Dynamo control BBVACS revenue streams, this means more money for Les to spend on the Rockets & Dynamo respectively.

Everyone should win.

18. tigereye

tigereye Member

Oh ...and then there's F. Les/Rockets & Astros Regional Sports Network, aka CSN Houston. Does Les buying in to Dynamo mean more/all Dynamo matches on CSN Houston in HD?!?

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This is it right here.

That is my opinion.