1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander: If they don't respond and play hard they're not staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 18, 2015.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Cody zeller?

2. SemisolidSnake

A business owner demanding that the employees that he pays handsomely actually do their job? That's about the least delusional, most logical thing ever. What's really crazy is how rarely that actually happens, whether in NBA basketball or real life.

3. TheresTheDagger

True enough, but team takes its cues from its leader. If the leader obviously isn't putting out effort then the other players get deflated.

In the words of Tmac: "It's on him." (Harden)

4. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Because he has given the least amount of effort and is the franchise player. It could apply to several players, but they aren't the ones put on billboards with $200 million dollar sneaker deals. Read between the lines.

5. TheresTheDagger

Delusional?

The Rockets have lost almost all their games AT HOME to mediocre teams by double digits.

How much worse can it get than that?

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden needs to take responsibility or get traded to the 76ers

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sure, there are others who have shown flashes of apathy -- but none as much as James, IMO. And I do think that the other guys look to him to set the tone, so his recent apathy has a trickle-down effect that has tainted the collective attitude. The fact that he continues to be the only player on the team (that I know of) saying he isn't worried at all, loss after loss after loss... it says a lot about where his head is at the moment.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Les "THUG" Alexander is keeping it real!!!!:eek:

9. ibm

ibm Member

well, let me clarify here.

by "delusional" i meant,,, les must have been convinced (by morey? idk) that the current squad has championship potentials.

and that's sth. i sorely disagree.

10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

ESPN showed an interview from yesterday with McHale saying :

When guys are sleeping in til 4 and watching soap operas, we are not going to get better.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Someone get video of Les laughing on the broadcast team...the laugh will you shiver.

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well I'm happy to hear/see Les calling Harden out...holding him accountable.....imagine that!

I'm a huge Harden proponent. But I am also a proponent of tough love if/when necessary. I wonder if Harden's apathy is directly correlated to off court distractions (KK). And even if that is the case, that becomes an emotional thing where as I'm not so sure he'll be able to "put it away" and just focus on the season.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, I think you hit the nail on the head. Bozo Harden keeps mouthing off about how its nothing while collecting $$$$ and Les needs to remind everyone...that its not...or they end up in charlotte or some crap.

14. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I've been looking for that laugh for years lol

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yikes. I saw Feigen tweet something about soap operas yesterday but didn't click it at the time.

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so glad Alexander is lighting a fire under all of their asses in the organization currently. It's refreshing. These guys get paid millions upon millions of dollars to go out there and the very least they can give is freaking effort. If effort continues to be an issue with certain players on the roster after all of this then see you later! Can't root for a lazy bum getting paid millions who can't give consistent effort. Gtfoh!

17. malakas

malakas Member

He's not the only. He's the main recipient.
    Because A) He's the star of the team and franchise player. Someone who was mvp runner up and was also marketed and promoted by the team as such.
    B) He's the only who has played the most terrible defence and offence. I dont' even care about his shooting percentages.
    When I see freaking lawson trying to get a charge to get the team of yet another fast break point while Harden is just sitting there ballwatching I get pissed off. When I see Harden for the upteenth time walking the ball halfcourt while we are down 15 points and hanging for our lives to try to scrape together a comeback and then he dribbles the ball for 20 seconds to fall on his foot and go out then I get pissed.
    Harden is the one who has shown the less effort.
    Brewer hasn't played well too. Lawson hasn't played well too. But they at least have shown better effort than Harden.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I have always said that love of the team comes before the player, no matter how great that player might be. If this chit display of bb continues, trade Harden and get a kings ransom in return. If Harden or any other players do not want to be here, trade them. The last thing any fan would want is someone who does not wear Rockets red with pride.

The above us from someone who has pretty much always defended Harden, but now sees a much different person.

Hopefully thinges will change for the better. Otherwise, Morey should not hesitate on trading anyone.

19. malakas

malakas Member

How about losing two games by 20 points to the likes of the Nuggets and then go out to party till late at night at Miami instead of focusing and sleeping early to try to get your first win?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Can't disagree with the guy. I barely watched the 4th quarter the other night. And I agree that I've never seen a Rockets team play this poorly in my 23 years of following this franchise. It's embarrassing to be a fan right now.