1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander has officially lost the city of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, May 19, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bob Lanier had something to do with it too, it takes two to tango.

Also the Oilers logo was fine, Les would have turned it into a flying armadillo

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Deep lack of understanding here, he was a biz man that wanted a matching offer, even offered to pony up 60m of his own money to stay.

Bob Lanier ran the Oilers out more than Bud took them, but keep spouting the stupid narrative that Bud was the sole bad uy.

DD

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

All I ask is that WHEN you turn on MDA (like you did with JVG) you make your crusade every bit as epic as the one that you waged against JVG.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, I was unhappy and apprehensive about the consequences of McHale's hiring. Les went for a big name, who used to rely on his assistants to draw up plays in Minnesota.

He did improve with time, but his shortcomings and the appalling behavior of H and H, from the beginning of this season doomed us to failure. I admit I thought
    JBB would at least instill discipline on defense, but I was wrong.

Now, we have D'Antoni who can only coach on offense, I don't think our players
    will listen to the defensive minded coaches. Both Les and Morey are to blame here.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You conveniently chose to overlook the little things like:

The years (make that decades) of futility Oilers fans endured under Adams.
    The numerous bad coaching hires (Bill Peterson, Jerry Glanville, Buddy Ryan)
    The decision to play in Rice Stadium instead of building a real stadium for the Oilers
    The decision to play in the Astrodome even though he knew it was ill suited for football
    His forcing the HSA to perform expensive renovations to the Astrodome (which included the removal of the scoreboard) for the Oilers only to up and leave anyway

I could go on but I just made myself sick to stomach remembering what just how much I hate Bud Adams.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Of course, every coach has a shelf life, and I just happen to see it happening before everyone else.

:)

DD

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

credit to les for coming straight out and addressing naysayers. i'm open to being wrong. it wouldn't be the first time.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

First post I've read in this thread that was constructive. Way to ruin it.

I'm of the opinion that MDA has 30 games to prove his value and he won't need to prove anything to me if we sign Durant. I'm pretty excited about what's coming. Let's just hope MDA has his team's ear and they look like the Suns of old. I would love that. The Suns were awesome with Nash. I can't see how anyone disagrees with that. They were fun to watch on offense. I get the frustration with defense, but I think the memory of the Suns with MDA has faded too fast.

9. DuDDleyDawsonII

Didn't that Suns team have like 1 plus defender in their starting lineup .Should Dan Torry should get a pass for that?

10. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

It is the suckerpunch! POW!

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I remeber those Suns teams.

They were the one team that we could never beat. We could not keep up with them, Yao was just to slow.

They scared me more than any team during that stretch MDA coached them. I still can't believe they never won a chip let alone made the finals.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I got $20 on BleedRocketsRed.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is dead on. You can't really equate Les with middle finger Bud. He's one of the worst owners in pro sports history IMO.

Les is merely just going from being a decent owner to a bad owner. I think it's fair to say he's become a bad owner. But not on Bud's level; there are few that are.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Come on man. Les was so defensive with his naysayers comment. "Naysayers"? You mean 87% of rockets fans, right? The same people who spend their hard earned money going to games, buying muchandise, supporting their team? "Naysayers"? I just laughed, it made Les sound weak, not strong.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Don't forget that Les has blocked Houston from having NHL hockey for the past 20 years.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let me FTFY:

Clutch: Owner

DaDakota: DaDakota

Tinman: Red Rowdies

etc...

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes he has. Le$ is a piece of work.

18. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I feel bad for you having a 5th grade teacher who was a power dancer. I'd have reached puberty earlier just looking at her.

Btw, I'd slap the power dancers in the ass rather than their faces. Think they'd like it more as well.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I told all of you we were getting slapped in the face!!!

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Durant didn't love that Les usurped Morey in the coaching hire fwiw. Don't know if that mattered a lot in his decision but it didn't help.