1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kojirou, Jul 17, 2010.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The old Astros uniforms were dope. People in Houston didn't think they were ugly.

He didn't just change the team uniform he CHANGED THE TEAM COLORS TO BLUE.

napalm06 and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

A broken down Hakeem rejected a 13 million dollar per year contract from the Rockets. He got 18 million per year on a 3 year deal from the Raptors and retired after only 1 season. You can't blame the Rockets for guessing right.

Rudy stepped down for health reasons and was offered a job in the organization. He decided he was better and wanted to coach again so he took the Lakers job and wasn't able to ride that out because of stress not fulfilling his contractual obligation to the Lakers. He decided to hang on there as a scout. Les didn't do Rudy wrong.

Barkley.... That's what his fat outta shape ass got for doing an under the table deal.

Kam likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Two points:
    1) The Astros uniforms were ugly. Deal with it. ;)
    2) I can see you're scarred for life about the blue uniforms. You have my sympathy. :p

4. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't care if it was Hakeem in a wheelchair, you pay him and you respect him for what he did for the Rockets and the City of Houston going back to his college days.

The Lakers paid Kobe, they knew he was done. But Jerry Buss was loyal he stood with Magic when he got HIV and mentored him to be a business man.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Los Angeles has a huge advantage with weather and lifestyle over Houston?

So why do the Spurs continually out class them and us ? Must be the San Antonio weather

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'll take Olajuwon RIGHT now for his Raptors deal over what Cato/Taylor got.

Ramo$e and tinman like this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Hakeem recently said he loved Houston weather that's why it was a perfect match. We complain here in Houston because there is really no set forecast but its still not as bad as some of the other cities to have to live in.

8. Granville

Granville Member

Not everyone is a sentimental fool. Hakeem obviously holds no grudge unlike you. Lots of HOF players don't end their career having played for only 1 team.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You realized we sucked that last season right ?
    Having your greatest player go out with class costs us nothing.
    We didn't win another playoff series til Ron Artest.

Hope you enjoyed the futility of all those years so that you can see Cato and Mo Taylor

10. Granville

Granville Member

Not sure how you complain about futility when keeping an ineffective Olajuwon would insure just that. It was rebuild time and unfortunately the Rockets made a bad call on the players you referenced as part of that rebuild. I didn't like seeing Olajuwon in a Raptors uniform either but he chose to leave and the Rockets accommodated his wishes.

Let me guess, you want to keep the Astrodome around too.....

11. tinman

Supporting Member

The dome is ugly and full of rats.

Dream got pissed off at the Rockets, he felt disrespected. He even told @rockHEAD at Whole Foods he's leaving Houston.

That's called your organization pissing off their greatest player.

None of us are Les, but Lakers owner Jerry Buss would not trade Kobe cause he was loyal.

So I wouldn't care if in the long run, Hakeem playing for $15 million in his last season is fine considering what he did for us.
    It's pennies.

Ramo$e likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sad reality is that Kobe's implosion during the last few years both threw a wrench in the Lakers' cap space AND their ability to attract anyone who wanted to play with him.

It wouldn't have been the same with Olajuwon, of course, but probably not a favorable comparison.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

You realize Jeanie Buss just inherited the team right ?

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

True, but even more truthful is that not many players want to play with Kobe. Dwight, Karl Malone and Gary Payton, none of them ever complimented Kobe when they played with them. Even Shaq had his moment with Kobe.

napalm06 likes this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yes Tinman I realize that. Everybody knows that. I fail to see how that is relevant to any point I made in this thread or in the other paging tinman thread.

You refuse to refute any of my arguments or admit defeat. You are in a loop of beating around the bush and/or attacking my credibility. Considering how much you have attacked my credibility, I will now attack yours.

You are a fool Tinman

16. tinman

Supporting Member

You got off work today?

you want to make another thread after you can't handle this one?

It's only fair you give @heypartner a thread too cause he's a superstar poster

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks Les.. I mean City of Houston and Clutchfans for stopping the Rockets from moving

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/164/save_our_rockets_louisville_courting_rockets_comets/

[​IMG]
    SOR Time: Louisville courting Rockets, Comets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2000 11:35 PM CST
    [​IMG]
    By Clutch
    Copyright 2000 ClutchFans.net
    [​IMG]
    KRIV, citing unidentified sources, is reporting that Louisville is courting the Rockets, Comets and Thunderbears. Louisville officials have called Rockets management to let the team know of their interest in bringing all three franchises to their city. The Rockets did not say much, but CEO George Postolos did say they are fielding offers and "We have received a number of inquiries and we will respond to those. We don't intend to comment beyond that." SaveOurRockets.com had another incredible day as we have been contacting hundreds who wrote in, and some big, big things are in the future. Jeff Balke will be on Lance and John's "The Bench" show

Plowman likes this.
  18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Going to have to find the source for this, but the Rockets were already planning on changing the logo before they won the championships. But what ever narrative fits an argument. The hell with facts and sources these days.

Also, Louisville was a bargaining chip.

19. Daddy Long Legs

Just reminding everyone that this thread already exists

20. Daddy Long Legs

Lol the other thread is a duplicate