1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Les Alexander Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kojirou, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I thought in light of the Miller signing, something like this is well deserved.

I don't have Bima's salary cap skills, but it's quite clear that we're heading fairly deeply into luxury tax territory. And this year, Les is willing to pay it, thus proving his statement of being willing to pay it for a really good team.

So, hats off to the owner of the Rockets!

2. valorita

valorita Member

At least we know that he wants the same thing us fans want:

A championship contending team that we can be proud of on&off the court.

RockWest likes this.
  3. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Props to Les, he is willing to take on anything to get us a championship that we could be proud of. Let's go to work

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Agreed, Les is going ALL IN this season and that is VERY good to see. Morey's brains and Les' money should be a dangerous combination for the league.

5. Tornadoofsoul6

Rockets are around $9.6 million over the luxury tax, making them pay $19.2 million and would make them miss out on the $3-4 million "rebate".

6. FFz

FFz Member

Yes. I'm very happy about him spending his money. I hope everyone stays healthy this year and reward him for his efforts.

7. redao

redao Member

I was so worng about him.

but why did not he spend in Yao-TMAC era?

8. Crosis

Crosis New Member

Please give me Iguodala.
    Great Les!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He did spend the MLE (either on one guy or split) most years. Remember Stromile Swift? Most of the Rockets spending this year was to bring back Scola and Lowry. They who did they really have in the past few years becoming FA that warranted that kind of spending?

Landry was probably the best guy, but he only played 1/2 a season of NBA ball at 20 mpg at that time. They paid market for him, the market was just lower.

10. bloop

bloop Member

He had to spend this year. He had absolutely no choice.

He had to retain Scola or this team wouldn't have had any chance. With Scola this team has a chance to contend. From a business perspective it was a good chunk of change obviously but with enormous yield and they still got a pretty good price for him.

Taking Morey at his word, this was the year that Les gave the go ahead to spend the money... If Les keeps doing this for the next 5-10 years kudos will be well deserved.

I'm just curious what faction it is on this BBS that keeps necromancing this topic. Is it the same 10-15 guys who keep congratulating Les in different threads every couple of weeks?

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I would be surprised if Les doesn't get under the lux tax by the trade deadline.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

o yea Les is the man

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

15. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Thanks Les, lets give this great group of guys a chance at the Evil Legion of Doom which is Miami Heat.

16. jason3333

jason3333 Member

les u r the best owner in all of sports, u never back down and always spend money to get our team better. we all thank you les, the astros could use an owner like you. please buy the astros!

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Props to Les for recognizing that we have about a three year window to make a serious run at a title and for making the money available to keep guys and add depth. It feels good to have an owner that puts his money where his rhetoric is. I can't wait for the season!

18. opticon

opticon Member

You the man Le$. Thanks for listing to the people who you pay to do the job.

Some owners have a issue with that. Im looking at you Uncle D!

19. rocketsmetalspd

Appreciate what Les is doing for the city and fans. He is not backing down with what he has to compete with in the league and I hope his spending will lead to a Chip in H-Town.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Amazing owner, paying $20m in lux tax and losing out on the ~$6-7m worth of tax payment