1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lenny Dykstra -- Gimme My Damn Jet Back!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LAFIRMA22, Oct 14, 2010.

1. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Dykstra filed papers in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in California yesterday stating that 3 creditors -- Constant Aviation, Classic Interiors and Crystal Air Aviation -- violated a court order and took possession of his Gulfstream jet. It's unclear when the plane was actually taken.

Dykstra -- who names himself as his lawyer -- claims a judge had granted him an "automatic stay" ... which means even though he may be in debt, his property was temporarily off-limits.

Now, he declares in the docs that "the airplane must be returned" ... and he wants an $800,000 check to boot.

So far, Dykstra's creditors -- all three -- aren't talking.

UPDATE: The president of Constant Aviation tells TMZ, "It's not [Lenny's] airplane, I don't know if he is confused. Our dealings with him are over and we are moving past the Lenny Dykstra saga, as I think everyone should."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/14/lenny-dykstra-private-jet-repossession-phillies-money-broke/

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

3. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bernie Madoff, I can understand, but people actually believed this guy was some kind of a financial genius? I've never read or heard his pitch, but from his playing days, I don't recall him being overly bright. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I think I read last year he made over $35 million playing baseball. And now he's bankrupt?

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

He's even dumber than you remember.

6. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

He might get cancer in the future for chewing on all that tabacco.

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Is it wrong that I'm picturing Dykstra every time "Eastbound and Down" is on?

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Word... dude is a liar, snake, and idiot. There was a great piece on ESPN.com that detailed his troubles last year. It's long, but a very compelling read. If you enjoy investigative, long form journalism, it's worth your time:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4084962

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He was the first real clue I ever had that baseball was 'roided up. Never could stand the guy and couldn't believe the press he was getting when it was obvious he was doping. Plus, he was, and continues to be, an ass.

After that 1986 series, I pretty much quit on baseball.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Kevin Bass was on the radio once talking about how he hated playing in Philly because of the spit in the outfield on the artificial turf