1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leipzig Games Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RC Cola, Aug 21, 2008.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Been really busy and mostly without Internet access lately, but that didn't stop this event from happening. I haven't really had much of a chance to keep up with how things went, but here's some info from Sony's press conference (they're the only one of the three to have a big presence at the show AFAIK):
    http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/899/899988p1.html
    Not much interesting stuff IMO, although the music service sounds interesting (assuming it, or something similar, comes to the US). Probably obvious, but most of the hardware announcements apply to the US as well.

Haven't had much of a chance to check out trailers, but one thing that did come out of this conference that I was looking forward to was the first trailer of Heavy Rain, which was all in-game footage (not hard considering the genre):
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceo7IJO7ACk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ceo7IJO7ACk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HQ downloads of this video and more can be found at plenty of sites (Gamersyde is one of my favorites for events like these). I'll try to recap some of this stuff better later in the week if I feel as though some stuff was especially impressive or whatever (maybe during the weekend). If someone else can fill in some of the things I missed, I'd greatly appreciate it. Hopefully this stuff hasn't already been posted and I just missed it... :eek:

BTW, I don't know if I or someone else ever posted this on the BBS (been more or less confirmed for a few weeks I think?), but it looks like the 360 is getting another price cut during the week of September 7th. The arcade will be $199, the 60GB will likely be $299, and the Elite will be $399. Not sure if this is really related to GC, but I wanted to make sure it was posted.

2. dback816

dback816 Member

Don't really get Heavy Rain

First time I heard about it was from that super close up screen. Then I go watch the movie and it looks nothing like the screen

The latest movie isn't even close to the screens either

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

4. RC Cola

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Really?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can someone link me to the best thread discussing the Resistance 2 beta?

edit: as in impressions

6. A00man

A00man Member

Yea I think Heavy Rain looks pretty damn identical to what was shown before.

Also there is a direct feed trailer for Rage running on the PS3. It looks AMAZING!

7. RC Cola

Hmm...I think technically, people aren't supposed to talk about the beta...not that this would stop people from doing so though. I haven't kept up with the R2 official thread at NeoGAF so there might be some stuff there, but since several Insomniac devs post there (including one that posts regularly), I imagine not many people are risking their accounts to give out info.

Nice, I'll have to check that out when I get back to broadband later in the week. A little early, but I like what we've seen so far from id Tech 5.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You would think that. But man. Its hard to find info. Same with Home. People really keep their lips shut. I wouldn't.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Yes I am aware of the close ups and how good it looks. Similar to MGS4, which also had AMAZING character models.

But everything else in the game is far from being that good.

Haven't seen that yet...is it on GT? Going to look forward it...but throw me a link if you don't mind just in case I don't end up finding it...