1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Reed Sheppard is a Rocket! And what happened with that Clingan smokescreen? We're talking Rockets live at 10:30am CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    It's time for the second round of the Draft! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 3:00pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #44?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Legler: Rockets best in West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desi tmac91, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Gay4Battier

Gay4Battier Member

tracy is a sissy kobe is not

2. DPballer

DPballer Member

Aren't you special.

3. The Brian

The Brian Member

t-mac is a top tier player in the nba, but if you don't think kobe is better than t-mac, you are deluding yourself.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

For those of you analyzing how the Rockets will match up against the Lakers or Hornets and Celtics for that matter, need to take into account that Houston has a better bench than all 3 of those teams.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You sound, like me...a broken record. Most popular media outlets are going to have us no better than 2nd or 3rd in most rankings behind the Lakers and Hornets. Even though, we are very strong from the bench...in fact it might the best Houston bench, since 93-95 Rockets.

Battier (or Artest)
    Barry
    Landry
    Hayes
    Brooks
    Wafer
    Francis
    Head
    Dorsey
    Mutombo (possibly)

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Wow, this is definately a Rockets fan site. Scola is not better than Pau Gasol. No way, no how.

I think we can take LA in a series, because we play defense and they don't (unless they turn that around this season...who knows with Bynum). My main concern is that they have a PG that will knock down open shots if you leave him, and we don't.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Good in theory.

In practice injuries will more than likely suffocate our depth advantage by shortening our bench.

Battier(or Artest) will have to start more often than not
    Landry might need to start at times.

Its fanciful to think Head, Wafer, Francis or Dorsey will contribute much
    of anything. Deke little more ...and dont forget we still haven't actually signed Deke.

Brooks has a long ways to go as a back up PG.

Our big 3 are ready to win - but their bodies may not be - esp. Yao and Mac.

Yep Im having a negative day. Just thought i'd share it with all of you and rain on your positivity parade like R Kelly on a minor.

8. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Member

McGrady too soft, end of story. Once the playoffs roll around the first time McGrady drives to the basket and get fouled hard, he will turn into a 100% jumpshooter. Mark my words.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

McGrady plays his best basketball in the playoffs.

10. tangwentao

tangwentao Member

man, good saying. i am on your side. anyone who thinks that Bynum is as good as Yao is ridiculous and is suggested to get a overall learning on Yao's statistics.

11. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

kobe= no rings without shaq
    kobe=rapist
    kobe=choke in last years finals

12. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Oh my little pinky hurts bryant is all man. :rolleyes:

13. tangwentao

tangwentao Member

that is right. i was really impressed when i saw him scored more than 40 points at the game against Jazz in the playoffs.

14. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I should also add what kind of monkier is this troll?

15. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

i really dont believe kobe makes it through the season with that pinky and the hornets?? We beat them last year during our 22 game win streak twice I believe if not I know we beat them once minus yao, minus artest so bring them on too, they are not a threat to us. Rafer is an underrated defender who can't shutdown chris paul but he can hold on him better than most and dont even tell me abut peja and david west because theyre gonna have a little ron artest and shane battier in their faces all night, so anyone who thinks mo pete/james posey/tyson chandler are gonna lead the hornets over our unit is justflat nuts

16. Bassem

Bassem Member

Yeah, it's totally wrong to say Tracy is too soft, and still during the playoffs. During the last playoffs, he averaged 27.0 points/8.2 rebounds/6.8 assists per game, and in game 7 he scored 40 points, got 10 rebounds, and dished out 5 assists. That's pretty amazing knowing that he played with a screwed-up knee and shoulder that both needed immediate surgery after the game. He led the team to a good run against the Jazz, and I think if Rafer wasn't injured, we would've won. It's just amazing to think of the different attitudes people would have toward Tracy if he just had passed the first round.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In their defense, they were playing without Gasol, Bynum, and Ariza. They are a big threat to us, especially if Bynum is as developed as laker fans are anticipating.

18. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You really think a shoulder and knee that need immediate surgery are capable of playing an NBA game? Think again.

Whats the big deal about arthroscopic surgery. Isn't it a common and minimally invasive surgery? Was there even any structural damage in the first place?

Some of you act like its a career threatening operation.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I can counter and say Yao was out for the season, while Landry was injured...T-Mac wasn't 100%. In the offseason, we added Barry and Artest.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Some of these posters sound as bad as fans from other teams and some media analyst who haven't watched in Rockets game at all. T-Mac's numbers in the playoffs are actually better than Kobe's. He's scores more points, averages more rebounds, and assists, while topping his own seasonal averages. Not to say that he is a better player, but to say he doesn't do anything in playoffs is a total fallacy.

The main reason the Rockets can get out of the 1st round is mainly due to injuries and weak supporting cast...also playing against top tier teams. I imagine if you put some of those highly touted teams in the East under Boston and Detroit, like the Magic, Cavs, Wizards, and Heat from previous years in the Western Conference...most of those teams wouldn't make the playoffs or would be a 4 and done cannon fodder to see the heavyweights, like the Suns, Lakers, Spurs, and Mavs warm-up against and already thinking about the 2nd round.

Put T-Mac's Rockets in the East, they are almost in Conference Finals, every year, at least barring injuries.