1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legal Way to Stream Game on Friday?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, May 1, 2014.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Hey Everybody,

My Mom was diagnosed with advanced cancer a couple months back. She and my Aunt moved in with me, so that my Aunt and I could help take care of my Mom. Anyway, during this time, my Aunt has joined my Mom and me as big, big Rockets fans, since I've had the games on. They even asked for red Rockets shirts to wear during playoffs games to help them cheer the team on, which I bought them of course. I have on my Harden jersey.

Unfortunately, my Mom has experienced a possibly temporary worsening in her condition, and my Aunt and I had to bring her to the hospital. It looks like we are going to be staying here at least through Friday's game and maybe Sunday's game (yes, there will be a Game 7).

Problem is the hospital room TV is only 13 inches big, and my Mom emphatically says she cannot see it much at all. The only solution I can think of is to somehow stream Friday night's broadcast onto my laptop & hook up a much bigger monitor close to her bed, so we can all enjoy the Rockets' victory.

Sorry for the long build-up to my question (I'm not fishing for sympathy but trying to explain why I need it) - Do any of you all know if there's a way I can stream the broadcast of Friday night's game?

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

bro ill PM you a site i use...thanks to other clutchfans brethren...

1 person likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about your mom. Before you do anything check to see if the network (TNT or ESPN) has an online stream first. I see a lot of networks are starting to do that . If that doesn't work firstrowsports is probably the way to go.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jelsoft

Jelsoft New Member

You could get a Slingbox, or something similar, and hook it up to your TV feed at home and stream it to your laptop at the hospital.

1 person likes this.
  5. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

If you have ESPN through your cable provider, you may be able to login to https://espn.go.com/watchespn to stream the game that way. That's how it works for Comcast at least.

1 person likes this.
  6. Jelsoft

Jelsoft New Member

7. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

This. Use your cable provider's credentials to log in and watch. If you don't have cable, ask for a friend's? I use my friend's and there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many people can be logged on at the same time.

The same goes for TNT too (http://www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt/).

Best wishes to your mother.

1 person likes this.
  8. dznutz

dznutz Member

i was able to watch games on nba.com. didn't pay a dime

1 person likes this.
  9. pocketrocket81

If the hospital t.v. has an hdmi hookup then couldn't you just have an hdmi cord of the appropriate length between your laptop and the t.v. ? Maybe check to see what type of connections are on the t.v. it may be an older model.

1 person likes this.
  10. RocketsBlood

RocketsBlood New Member

Google a site called ATDHE, pick the one that says go in front of it, works all the time, I'm here most of the time at work watching on this site but at least I get to watch it

1 person likes this.
  11. oakdogg

Wow, thanks for all the awesome ideas and the kind words! This is so helpful. I owe each of you!

12. autoprt

autoprt Member

when the game is on tnt they show it on www.nba.com as tnt overtime game but don't go by the countdown sometimes it's off based on when the game starts. you don't have to have access to a local cable company you basically click it direct from your computer. i don't have cable and have watched all the tnt games this way. the great thing is they have 5 different camera choices including close up cam and also allows you to rewind back to any play you wish.

1 person likes this.
  13. autoprt

autoprt Member

sorry just realized espn is carrying this game, if the other streams don't work try this site http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports it gives you different link sources,

if there is one that says Nflstreaming21 that is the best one with no lag, etc.

14. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you can pay for a site called ballstreams.com

they have a playoff special for like $25 for all the games.

they stream in legit HD

1 person likes this.
  15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I have been watching most of the games on my iPad app by downloading the ESPN and TNT app. This is assuming you have a login for a cable provider and an iPad.

1 person likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Call Morey. Tell him your mom's situation. He will send a crew to set up the best viewing experience for her. :)

1 person likes this.
  17. oakdogg

Dang, y'all keep pouring in with the great suggestions. Thanks for hooking us up! Great to see Rockets fans helping other Rockets fans out!

18. oakdogg

Haha! Creative idea. I'm sure Morey would come through, but my Mom is way too shy for that. haha

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ok, I checked just out of curiosity and its on ESPN.

If you subscribe to basic cable, you can go online to ESPN, and stream live legally and free.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn

Don't go to any shady sports stream sites, or pay money for ball streams unless for some reason you don't have cable.

Hope all is well.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If you have xfinity, you can stream on phone or tablet or computer

1 person likes this.