1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

lefty thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thebeardedwon, Jan 9, 2014.

1. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

For lefties to post left handed facts or experiences about being left handed.

Ill start if off with a left handed experience: I started playing guitar when I was 9 and was pressured by my teacher to learn right handed. When I was 12 I saw a video of jimi hendrix for the first time and realized that I should learn lefty. Ever since then I've felt far more comfortable playing lefty

1 person likes this.
  2. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

One time I was writing with blue pen and it ended up smudged all over my left hand. **** our righty-oriented world.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

When I learned how to bowl, I wasn't doing so great with. My left hand so I switched to my right and now that's how I bowl all the time. I do everything else left handed.

I once made a strike with right hand immediately followed by making one with my left hand.

4. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

About a year ago at college, I was listening to a Math lecture along with 70 other people when an assistant entered and gave us a paper where we had to grade our professor. As soon as we started filling in the sheet, he came over to me and said "You're the only lefty in this classroom". Made me feel special.

1 person likes this.
  5. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

LOL yeah I've had teachers say that to me before too. It does feel kinda cool. It also feels kinda cool when you have a bunch of friends who are good guitarists that come to your place, pick up your guitar, and then get frustrated when they realize they can't play it.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just recently had this EXACT experience. Although, I suck at guitar.

I once bowled a 140 right handed, although I'm a lefty. Yes, that's right. Lefties are better.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Love guarding Leftys on the court

take away their left hand=shut down

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I bat left and throw right

9. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Same here. I throw righty and shoot pool righty. That's about it. Everything else is lefty.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm ambidextrous but gave up writing and using the mouse left handed. Too many smudges and most computer macros are designed for the right handed.

11. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Left-handed people are the spawn of Satan.

Look it up.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

In Islam, it is apparently forbidden to eat with your left as it is the hand you clean yourself with when you use the restroom. I, being left handed, always felt comfortable eating with my left. However when I was about 10 or so, my father told me that I was sinning every time I ate with my left, and that Allah wanted me to eat with my right hand. He told me he knew it would be difficult, but even putting in effort to learn would bring me blessings.

I am now 24 and on occasion I eat with my left, but now I mainly eat with my right hand.

I shoot pool, bowl, play basketball, do everything else really with my left, except eat.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Learn to write Arabic.

14. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Painting with a broad brush there capitan;)

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I write left, can use a mouse on either hand, play guitar with my right. o_O

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Is that from the Qu'ran or Hadith? I know in traditional Southeast Asia the right hand is known as the food hand which you eat with and the left hand is the dung hand which you wipe yourself with so it is considered gross to eat, shake hands with or wave at someone with your left hand. A lot of SE Asia is Muslim but I hadn't heard that it comes from a religious proscription.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

What if you are ambidextrous?

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This. So much this. Here at work, if I know exactly what I need to write, I'll do it backwards and start with the bottom of what I'm writing and work my way up. It feels awkward, but it stops smearing the ink all over the place.

For some reason when I play basketball, I can only dribble right handed. It makes a good mismatch if my ugly ass jumper is working that day. Drive right, step back, shoot with the left. Very easy, just not consistent.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

In college, I got to class EXTREMELY EARLY to get the left-handed seat. To whoever decided this would be so cool, you can F#@()$*&ing suck a big donkey schlong:
    [​IMG]

I eat and write with my left hand and do most stuff with my left, but if it's throwing or hitting, I use my right. :eek: Precision with the left, strength with the right. Before you ask: YES, it feels "weird" with my left.

I hate it when tech stuff and gadgets have all the **** is on the right. I HATE Car Radio Controls, Camcorders and photographic cameras. **** YOU, engineers.

For all my homies who smear the pencil marks and ink, how about those awesome SPIRAL notebooks and awesome three-ring binders? Whoever decided to make those or to make it a rule that we should use those should be locked up in a Singaporean prison for life. :mad:
    Since I'm left-handed I naturally read this the other way: pu ti kooL. ("pretty cool") :cool:

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

^ I had to deal with that scenario (the chairs that have the optional mini desk) a month ago for my final. :mad:

I write with my left, but do almost everything else with my right. :confused: Basketball, tennis, golf, bowling -> Right hand.

1 person likes this.