1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Led Zeppelin 12/10/2007, London, UK

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Dec 10, 2007.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

no i'm back in houston... i haven't grabbed it yet. figured i'd wait until a better copy came around, but i can d/l it and send you a copy to remaster.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

How massive would it be to see a re-united Zeppelin in the States?? Also, the same goes for Pink Floyd?? Can you imagine how much money would be made for a Zeppelin tour and a Floyd tour??!! Holy moly!! I think it goes to show how dissatisfied so many people are with today's music and the fact that the classics will never go out of style!

4. Dubious

Dubious Member

1970 Interview with The Led Zeppelins

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0fqgq6ZMZY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0fqgq6ZMZY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

Man, wait it out and see what turns up. I would much rather work with something that starts out being listenable. After seeing what turns up out there pick out the best and we'll figure something out.

If you get one that starts out as .wav files instead of mp3's that would be best - but I understand that might be asking a little much over the net.

6. jo mama

jo mama Member

i love the fact that jason bonham was involved and not some session dude. he sounded great! the other 3 have known him since he was in diapers and he was even sitting in with them when he was like 5 years old. the seed of bonham is still bonham. for me, it makes it much more legit. now if only van halen could get micheal anthony back!

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Careful! Jeff may be listening. ;)

Seriously, I would just love it. They were always one of my favorite groups, as were Floyd, and never, ever put on a show anything less than great and over 2 hours long (the Dallas show may have been a bit under that in length... can't remember, but there were a multitude of acts). I saw them every time they played in Houston, including at least once in the 3200+ seat Music Hall, plus the Dallas Pop Festival gig. Jason is the perfect replacement for his father. They should just do it while they still can. A tour for the ages and the aged (like me!). Show everyone what they've missed and how much better they are in person than on their LPs.

8. WildSweet&Cool

I'm sorry. I have to post this....

I'm just as happy as most fans that LZ played this concert. But I really can't agree with the critics - it just didn't sound great.

They transposed Good Times Bad Times and Ramble On down from E Major to D Major. And even then, and with improv, it still sounded like Plant couldn't sing it.

Then Black Dog came on and... aw... it just made me sad to hear it. It sounded so butchered. It was the musical equivalent of watching a woman get cosmetic surgery in an attempt to preserve her youth, only to end up looking like a freak. Again, even after transposing it down to G Major from A Major, Plant just couldn't sing it and had to improv against the wailing voice that was his legend.

I'm not gonna critique the rest of it. I know they transposed down almost every song they played. I guess most people don't care about that, but to me, it almost always sounds crappy when a band does that.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have been there, just for the electricity of being at a legendary performance by one of the greatest rock bands of all time. And, yes, they have more musical talent and ability in their pinky than I will ever know. And I know that they do a better job at their age than I could ever do... But I still feel compelled to call it as I see it.

P.S. And - sheesh! What a ton of feedback in that performance! Considering the significance of the performance, I would've expected a perfect audio setup with zero feedback.