1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron's legacy is tarnished after this year.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After this season 2-4 in the Finals.

At this point in their careers (age 30), Jordan has 3. Kobe and Shaq have 3. Timmy has 3. Magic has 5! Bird has 3. Lebron will not hit 3.

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

The series is tied at 2-2.

3. zyt

zyt Member

ive gained more respect in this series than ever before., i truly consider him top3 ever just now , hand over jordan this.team and the one in 07 most likely he.cant win either

4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Russell had 7 by 30.....so no not really. Still probably go down as one of the best players of the modern era.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The only people that stay up at night worrying about this are the haters lol.
    LeBron has enough word of mouth support to be up there with those guys after he retires.

The LeBron myth will be formed after his retirement. Just like the Jordan myth and the soon to be Kobe myth.

6. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Dream had 2 in total, but he's one of the greatest of all time; sometimes legacy isn't measured in numbers.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ah ok. What was Chuck's record in the finals? Is his legacy tarnished? Maybe if the Cavs lose Bronny doesn't get mentioned nearly as much in the GOAT arguments, but tarnished? That's dramatic.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, it's not. He's had one of the worst supporting Finals casts this year.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He almost has a triple double in 1st half. OP is just a hater.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The old hypothetical switcharoo game is all you can do in your mind.

And the conclusion of that is undoubtedly that Lebron has more rings and the other guys less if you switch them out.

My sole complaint tarnishing Lebron's greatest of all time discussion has been his tendency to marginalized other great players. Wade, Bosh, Love, Irving. Not a one has really played better next to Lebron.

Lebron is amazing at making role players look really good. The greats also have to make other great players perform at their peaks.

That said... I'm not entirely sure what it is about Lebron's game that is doing it. It is just something unique about his body size and position as small forward perhaps that makes him not mesh quite as well with other greats. He's almost a great PF himself. He's also almost a great PG himself.

Perhaps someone like Reggie Miller in his prime or Klay Thompson today would be his perfect pair. Probably.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Context matters. You're looking at things in black and white. Simple minded approach.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am just trying to jinx the warriors.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Championship count doesn't completely define a player.

Basketball is a team sport.

This isn't directed at the OP, but rather at the board in general... is it harder for NBA fans to accept this than other fans? NFL, NHL, MLB?

It seems like NBA fans want everything that happens to be a story about a handful of players/coaches.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Always wanted Iggy. I think Ariza's closest match per quality and money might be Iggy. If the Rox landed Iggy there probably would be no Ariza re-acquired. I sit back and compare and don't really mind even though I'm in love with Ariza.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The way Jones fouled him and let Thompson get an And1 reminds me of the way T.Jones would have done it LOL... Exact same scrunched up physique back pedelling with a weak foul.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If LeBron wins this series with all the injuries it will place him GOAT status, too

Weird how that works

17. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

If you bash Lebron for losing these finals, please raise your hand so I can block all of your future posts. One of the worst takes I've ever heard.

18. mercy road

mercy road Member

That the Cavs have made it this far without Love and Irving is solely on James. A great great finals performance.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He should be the MVP of the finals.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

already tarnished because of Dallas' lone ship

although he did his best, you just cannot expect him to be Hulk, he is a human monster