1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron willing to talk to GSW if they create MAX Cap space

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NateNate, Feb 1, 2018.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

a historic big 3 reaching out to the 2nd best player to beat the best player? yup still have them all

im gonna wait till this is more clear in the morning. i dont buy this.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm pretty sure Cleveland already knows he is serious about leaving. It's the whole reason they aren't willing to trade the Nets pick.

BigMaloe, Fyreball, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is how it started with Durant and nobody believed it

hakeem94, da_juice and amaru like this.
  4. eslate22

eslate22 Member

0.0 chance... lebron pays attention to public opinion more than people think... he knows his legacy would be shot if he went to GS... especially if they are coming off winning a title against his team

War Machine, RyanB, Sajan and 4 others like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Lol if he went there it would be nuts.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It would end the nba for me.

amaru and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Adam Silver would pull a David Stern and find a way to nix the signing(or sign-and-trade) just like that Chris Paul-to-Lakers deal. It would effectively render an entire NBA season(and possibly several more after that) completely meaningless.

That being said, this will never happen. How in the hell would the Warriors clear that much capspace? They'd either have to get rid of their entire bench or trade away Green and Thompson.

amaru likes this.
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why even have a league at that point. I mean as it is I don't think anyone has a chance against gs.

amaru likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

Is it a coincidence these "leaks" about Lebron going elsewhere are happening? Or are they being manufactured but Lebron's camp

csc177 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

"We've crushed them on the basketball court, and we're going to for years because of the way we've built this team. ... We're light-years ahead of probably every other team in structure, in planning, in how we're going to go about things." - Joe Lacob

Article mentioned Iguodala & Thompson to Cleveland while moving Livingston & Durant taking a pay cut.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

major hits to his legacy if he ever did this...forget about ever catching Jordan, and nobody’s respecting chips won in GS

Lebron’s not stupid...

Tfor3, RyanB, eslate22 and 2 others like this.
  12. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Might as well name it the Travesty Basketball Association

13. csc177

csc177 Member

Yep.

14. rockets13champs

Read the articles title closely. It says warriors could meet with lebron if they open up max slot. This news report is completely one sided. It’s the warriors wanting to meet with Lebron. It’s no different from an average joe saying I want to meet with a supermodel tommorow

15. csc177

csc177 Member

That’s exactly what I was thinking.

16. rockets13champs

It makes team worse. Because Klay and curry have a special chemistry. And Klay can really play down to like a catch and shoot only guy. Lebron brings elite passing and his own game. Warriors would probably struggle at first then team will go off in playoffs 16-0 again

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he grown balls yet?

francis 4 prez likes this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was different. The one-time massive cap spike helped facilitate that signing. Plus the Warriors only had to give up Bogut and let Barnes and a few other bench guys walk(and Durant plays the same position as Barnes).

In this case unless LeBron takes a massive pay cut which seems unlikely, the Warriors will have to give up at least one All-Star and possibly two to make room for his salary. Also, there's a high likelihood this Warriors team will be the 2-time defending champs this upcoming offseason(and winners of 3 of the last 4 titles). As weak as Durant going to the Warriors was, this would be even weaker. It would severely tarnish LeBron's legacy.

Not saying it won't happen regardless, but I just can't imagine a guy with the ego of LeBron doing this. And it would essentially ruin the NBA for the next half decade.

BTW, here's a pretty good discussion about it on First Things First:

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

You don't think he'd listen to it if they agreed to part with a few guys to get him? I'd personally love it, but they would need to lose some guys. Warriors will probably be the ones not willing to do it. I'm sure Lebron would. The funniest thing would be if they'd be willing to part with KD, since Lebron is at his position and joined them first. Hahaha :) what's not to love?

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Leborn LD Curry Green , all are MVP. And then leborn brings DWade and Rose to GSW.