1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the shark, Jul 8, 2013.

1. the shark

the shark Member

There's no doubt he's opting out next summer (as will Wade & Bosh). Miami could definitely repeat next yr, but the question for Lebron becomes what are their chances the next five yrs after that?

Lebron wants to go down as the greatest ever, and it's going to be about rings. He's not going to go to LA to help Kobe win more rings. So the question becomes staying in Miami, and can he win with Wade & Bosh OR is there another team (or other stars) that he could team up with for the next five yrs?

I definitely think he'll consider the Rockets and teaming up with Harden & Howard. Doing so would put him in a position to compete for titles for the next 5-7 yrs easily. Houston would offer him the best opportunity to win rings. What other team could provide him a better chance to win rings? Not going home to Cleveland. Not with an aging Kobe in LA. No other team could offer him what Harden & Howard could.

I think that Morey is going to stand pat, and keep the flexibility for next summer. He knows he'll have a young/talented team moving forward to offer Lebron. I think he'd be able to move Asik and Lin next summer as well as they'd be expiring contracts which teams covet. Houston has an owner who's willing to pay the luxury tax as well. Lebron makes a ton of money in endorsements as well, and might be willing to take a little less money in Houston to build his legacy.

Thoughts?

2. 713

713 Member

Miami or Cleveland. Nobody else. Melo on the other hand has options..

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I have dreams of LeBron too :p but barring a miracle(or ten), I don't see it happening.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Only way this could make any sense is if a certain guard of ours has another awesome year and we offer him in a S&T.

/Blasphemy

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Can we just put to death any rumors of LeBron coming here.
    It's either Miami or Cleveland. That's it, end of list.

If anyone, Bosh would be our target.

6. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

1. Wade won't opt out. He'll never get $20 & $21.5 million again. He'll take both player options and then sign a smaller contract in 2016.
    2. Bosh most likely does the same cause he'll never get that kind of money again either.
    3. LeBron will stay in Miami or go back to Cleveland with Kyrie. It's that simple.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Theres no way Lebron leaves if they win a third ring. He's not going to give up the opportunity of winning 4 straight, something that MJ and Kobe never did. Russell may have been the only one ever to do it, IIRC. Those bragging rights are right up there with the all-time scoring title.

Lebron will resign for the max, Wade will play out his deal and sign for less then, so they can bring in another star to help them out. Bosh is the question mark.

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Definitely not enough ball for Lebron.

I'll take Harden, Howard, and worthy role players.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Lebron will go to Chicago
    Chicago will trade Deng&Jimmy Butler&picks to Miami for Lebron

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Would be awesome, but no way.

Its Miami or Cleveland.

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

if SA had won the finals and Heat fail this upcoming season again. I'd bet he for sure would bail out of Miami, but unfortunately spurs choked and miami won miraculously (game 6). It'll be hard for him to leave Miami but we'll see. i don't think it's impossible and I don't know about Cleveland, seems like an obvious choice, but I think if he does indeed leave Miami, he would considerably think about Houston. We just have that fun personality that lebron has. Imagine how much fun he would have with Dwight and Harden and the rest of the guys.

If it does though, not 1, not 2, not 3....

12. dsid411

dsid411 Member

I'd like to see him and Rose play together

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

not to mention how much LBJ had to carry the Heat, and another year on Wade's breaking body and Bosh disappearance act, we'll see.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

what year is it?

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not to hate on ya, J.R., but you know it's been my mission dating back to last year's Aggie season to get you to be an optimist! You were saying the same things about Dwight, my friend. If there's one thing we've learned, it's to never doubt Morey.

16. 713

713 Member

James Harden + 2014 first rounder + 2016 First rounder, Omer Asik, Chandler Parsons

For

Sign and Trade for Lebron James and Mario Chalmers.

17. lwlee

lwlee Member

LeBron, Howard, Harden >> LeBron, Bosh, Wade

But yeah, I think it's asking too much. LeBron will stay loyal to Wade if he's still capable of playing. Going back to Cleveland is just being sentimental. Just LeBron and Irving, I don't think gets it done.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, I was wrong about A&M and Dwight. :p

I think it's possible he leaves but not a certainty. I'll give it a chance, unlike a few others, ha.

"No way he's leaving Cleveland! No way he's going on national television to **** on Cleveland! No way!"

"No way he's leaving Miami! No way!"

I think he could leave. Will he? I don't know. You'd say probably not but I'd give it a chance. If he can leave Cleveland, he can leave Miami.

(In before, "You realize why he left Cleveland right? He wanted help, he got help, he won a few rings, Pat Riley is there, he isn't leaving." blah blah blah)

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bosh has proven himself to be as inconsistent as Lin has, if not more.
    0 points in a finals game. Unacceptable.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I wouldn't do that trade, even for Lebron!