1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James returning to Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 11, 2014.

1. StevieCrossover

Lebron gets his jersey litted up and ****ted on, Lebron is called a coward by the owner. City of Cleveland wanted his head...........Now he returns and everything's normal.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why is that ironic?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Folks, forget Cleveland..... ALL EYES ON HOUSTON and the SouthWest Division!

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Amazing decision. Great letter. Obviously his PR team spent some time crafting that letter, but that is true of any high-profile figure. Nonetheless, I believe all of the feelings in the letter are sincere, so it was nice to read.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its not sad. This is the greatest player in basketball.
    You are talking about a guy with his name in the running among players like Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc.

6. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Im back to being neutral on James now after having much hate for him. That was the right move. Congratulations Cleveland.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Congrats to Cleveland fans...now we can see how Lebron struggles to win yet again...:)

BTW...Moves that the Cavs has made:
    1. Hire David Blatt(terrific addition)
    2. Resign Kyrie
    3. Draft Wiggins
    4. Return of the King
    5. Miami's 2015 Draft pick

6. All you need is Love???

PS...Breaking news, BSPN is moving from Miami to Cleveland Ohio...

8. Patience

It's like the Alanis Morrissette song. Not really ironic, more like bad luck.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I guess maybe I'm the only non Heat fan (or non Cavs division rival fan)that hates the move.
    I think he should've stayed in Miami.
    Damn Rich Paul did this.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Brad Daugherty on SportsCenter f*** yeah.

1 person likes this.
  11. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Wow, that was a good article... He sounds like he's really matured since 2010.

The Dan Gilbert-Lebron spat was silly, but only teenage girls think grudges last forever. They're adults and they worked it out. /end

As a father living halfway around the globe from the city he grew up in, I absolutely understand Lebron's feelings as far as wanting to raise your kids where you grew up. His decision seems to be a complete 180 after his Miami decision. That was a pure basketball decision; this was the total opposite of a basketball decision. Some may call it stupid, but you have to give him a little respect for going home.

Cavs-Rockets 2015 finals...

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

yup. all forgotten.

If cleveland was sad/heart broken but respected his desire to go win a championship elsewhere..it would be one thing.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Who cares. Hello Bosh. :)

14. doogiehwsr

doogiehwsr Member

15. Patience

LOL, where are Mark Price and Jim Brown?

Bring out Albert Belle and Eric Metcalf, while we are at it.

16. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

He addresses that in the SI article. He worked it out with the owner like adults in a face to face meeting. As for the angry reactions, he said he put himself in their shoes and wondered if he wouldn't do the same if the person he looked to just left.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You joke, but that would blow my mf'n mind. Webster Slaughter interview please.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source close to situation says Kevin Love indeed &quot;intrigued&quot; by idea of being dealt to Cavs and would commit long there if traded there</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/487647714554171393">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

That was a great reading and just shows you who Lebron really is. I always had respect for him, it was more the decision and the forming of a superteam that made me think less of him. Besides that, there was never denying his talent and the criticism he has received is mostly undeserved, but I could just not enjoy watching him with the forming of a superteam, D-Wade being an a-hole and the way they did it with the "not 1, 2, 3..etc".

I am glad he chose to back to Cleveland, right a wrong in a way and that the choice is about MORE than just basketball. Very mature decision and I can finally enjoy watching the best player in basketball again. Congratulations to Lebron, his family, Cleveland, Cavs fans and the NBA. This is a great day for the league!

20. redearth

redearth Contributing Member