1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James praises Dwight Howard, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Aug 10, 2013.

1. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Yeah, maybe not Kobe. Who shares James' educational background, by the way.

What do you think, Phil Jackson? (excerpts from Jackson's book The Last Season about the 2003-04 Lakers):

http://bit.ly/1cqDnNQ

In general, having a lead negotiator/representative that may have anger issues probably isn't a good strategy. And having a lead negotiator/representative that may have skeletons in his closet can be a death sentence. Because if the other side knows about the skeletons, then the lead negotiator/representative can be compromised. Which brings this alleged incident to mind:

http://bit.ly/17HSmes

Kobe Bryant is a great player. But would I want him as the president of my union?

No.

Good to hear Lebron praising Houston. Would love to have him come to the team. If he wants to win more rings, he should think about that. Just slide Chandler over to the PF spot (a la Horry) and insert LeBron into the SF position and who beats that team?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sure kept laughing at him at the ESPYs

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Looks like LeBron wants to come to Houston!

4. hbomb

hbomb Member

Harden + Dwight + Lin + Parsons + Beverley for Lebron. :p

jokes.

Lebron is undeniably the best player in the NBA at the moment, and its fitting he dishes out praise elsewhere too. Good sportmanship and professionalism.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm a Rockets fan and I kept laughing at him during ESPYs... what's your point?

To give him credit he and Dwayne both shook their heads while saying "that's just wrong" if you read their lips.

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

Lebron traveled.

Ofcourse he loves the Rockets. We gave them Battier! Lebron knows he owes Rockets so much.
    He's still the Flop Queen who pussied out of Cleveland to join an already Champ The Flash. He's still a p***y.NEVER FORGET

7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

'Representing his country'? what do you mean by that? Lin is American, you mean he is representing America?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He doesnt have to be dishonest necessarily. Part of maturing as a pro athlete is knowing the proper answers to give. He's adapted by giving politically correct answers.

In his mind, he could be thinking we're not a threat and Dwight needs more help, but he's not going to say that because it'll be front page news.

9. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Exactly!

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

LeBron praises Dwight maybe because he felt guilty he and D-Wade did this on TV:

[​IMG]

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If the Rockets were an Eastern team, I wonder if we'd get the same praise.

Right now he probably acknowledges that we are good, but not a direct threat. The West has to dog-fight, and the last dog to make it out of the writhing pack faces the Heat.

12. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I see what you mean, maybe it's about him learning to be more politically correct.

I'd rather give Lebron the benefit of the doubt, and take him at face value. I do think that as part of the normal maturing process, people start to realize that things aren't as black and white as they once saw them a few years earlier. Sure, we all hate losing, and maybe at one time Lebron might not have congratulated an opponent after losing a conference final, but maybe he's now in a more mature place and is able to be more magnanimous.

13. pass_to_Hakeem

I agree ^^^ lebronsanity!!! Has been ongoing since he entered the league. Not even close!!!

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Just like Kevin Durant, is hard to hate Lebron James.

15. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Well....

Let's not hate on lebron and sit back and enjoy the comments made by him.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

16. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I'm a big fan of Dwight. I think his athleticism 2nd to none. Still, how did McHale and Hakeem become so good. It comes from within with hard work and a little imagination. Please don't tell me that Moses taught Hakeem. Sir Charles said it best, you can't teach Hakeem's god given talents. Even in his Cougar days, when he was still raw as a player, he still looked more fluid and smooth than Dwight. Dwight needs to improve on skills that will work with his body and power. No Dream shakes, instead power drop steps with mini hooks or one handed statue of liberty shots for example (that may be a bad example of shots). He needs to be Dwight and what is between his shoulders is ultimately going to decide if he can reach that next level of greatness. Hard work and imagination when he is at the gym alone and everybody else is sleeping, having sex, sexting, resting, eating, or even taking a .....

17. dejamike

dejamike Member

Lin is Chinese:rolleyes:

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, James is thinking to join the Rockets some time soon, this is why he is saying something like that. He may already told Morey for his decision, All Morey need to do is to clean enough cap for him first.:rolleyes:

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Oh god, here come the Lebron to houston ideas. :rolleyes:

at least people can shut up now about him going to LA

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lin is Taiwanese.