1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James praises Dwight Howard, Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketPowerNick, Aug 10, 2013.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Bar Dwight that's Team Nike right there.

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

LeBron's got the wrong point guard. According to the various experts of Clutchfans, its Beverly that's the future of the Rockets, not Lin.

3. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

Uh oh. :(

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I gotta ask again... what's up with the dots man?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think Lebron is recognizing anything here...total PC answer. He stopped giving honest answers a while ago. He just gives safe and professional answers, especially about others.

6. thejav

thejav Member

Que the its happening gif...

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If they're experts, I hope they know how to spell "Beverley".

We really don't need to make this thread about Jeremy Lin, people. Plenty of those. Good thread about some nice praise for Dwight and the team from the league's best player. Let's keep it on topic.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

The Michael Jordan strategy? MJ took Barkley out to a nice dinner (and bought him gifts, I believe) to soften him up before kicking his ass in the Finals--helped to prevent hard fouls when waltzing through the lane against the porous Suns defense.

Then again, I still do appreciate the shoutouts, and it does make Lebron more likeable. Guess it worked on me.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

of course dwight made the right choice, who wouldn't want to play with Lin. Lebron is next.

10. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

in before masonic handshake accusations..

11. hizzobbes

hizzobbes Member

"Conspiracy theorist screaming Illuminati"

12. ptR91

ptR91 Member

mind games are starting

13. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

"one of the best big men"

why not best

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

had to leave something for the nitpickers to gripe about ...

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lebron is a real student of the game of Basketball; and he really does understand that the Rockets are a real threat for his chances at a repeat. We know that Harden can hold his own, and Dwight is a beast when he is healthy...in any match up with the Rockets, Lebron would have to guard Harden. This would mean...Dwight could have a field day in the post.

Secondly, Lebron also understands that his big three is no longer the "young" set of explosive players...Bosh has been exposed as a phony and extremely inconsistent. Wade's healthiness is very suspect. And Lebron is still the best player on the planet. Lebron had to carry/will his team throughout the post season. And he was bar none the best player in the post season.

All that being said, Lebron might be a physically, and verbally imposing figure; but when you are dealing with Sharks ie with folks like Stern, and Silver; the Owners and the league has a tremendous advantage over players. An educated athlete could do more for the League than Lebron could. A leader that can communicate the needs of players in a clear and articulate manner. Lebron's highschool education doesnt cut it. And just because he is Lebron, doesnt mean that the players will get the best because he has assumed a leadership role. Kobe Bryant on the other hand...would be the best spoke's person for the players.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Brilliant, you replaced one player with no college experience with another in Kobe Bryant. Anyway, what is your point? When players and owners get together to decide the fate of basketball, the fans lose almost every time. #YAYPRICEHIKES

2 people like this.
  17. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Kobe is one of the most selfish stars the league has ever seen. What makes you think he would give two craps about helping anyone but himself. He gets paid like King so he has no reason to help.

1 person likes this.
  18. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Levintblack pretty much nailed it on the head. I agree Kobe is horrible for the position and yes someone like Shane Barrier would be a better fit for the job.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think outside of L.A. (which is a huge media market) a lot of people do feel for Howard and his frustrations.

I think houston is the right home for him and many recognize he made the wise choice. Even before it was announced a lot of writers mentioned his best place to grow as a player was Houston - the talent plus having Mchale/Hakeem to tutor him.

My issue with Howard has always just been that he demands to be a post player but has done so little to develop a dominating post game and shoot at least 70% from the line.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lebron's PR finally got him to stop saying stupid shet and start saying generic safe answers that players like Lin give.