1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James opts out of contract, will become unrestricted free agent.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

“Get off the big black Lebron **** you dirty whores.”

Norm McDonald

2. Nook

Nook Member

Leonard isn't better than Harden.

The Lakers will be very good....... better than Houston and GS? I don't know, but they will be very good.

It is unlikely that the Lakers get Leonard and George.

Stormy1234 and justtxyank like this.
  3. loveofthegame44

What are our options to upgrade now? Particularly at the 3&D wing if Ariza moves on.

4. MystikArkitect

It's over. Lebron and Houston are a bad fit ideologically, and a wonderful fit from a basketball perspective. Lebron not willing to do what Chris Paul did in coming here. Falling in line.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

No need to upgrade the best team in basketball. Trevor is not going anywhere.

loveofthegame44 likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden did not recruit LeBron James at all, which says a lot. LeBron is bossy, the Cavs were his workers. LeBron screaming at Harden is not a good look and it will hurt the team. LeBron has no filter, he screams at Head Coach, Players, Front Office, I think it would've been really bad situation. LeBron screaming at Mike DAntoni when Mike never screams or hates on players. Daryl Morey, Hey trade most of these players for this player do it now. LeBron screamed at Front Office during last years deadline in forcing trades of Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Dwyane Wade. Some Leader he is.

Stormy1234, Richie_Rich and Tfor3 like this.
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I agree with you on Broussard and obviously almost no one on this board personally knows James Harden, let alone what he thinks of having LeBron on his squad. From afar, Harden believes had CP3 been healthy, he would have a ring and a finals MVP trophy to go with his MVP award. He didn’t need LeBron to do that. What kind of message would it send to come so close amd win an MVP only to reliquish your power and defer to someone else. Again, I’m no fan of Broussard but he does have a point when he said that LeBron winning a ship with the Rockets would take away from Harden. That’s the reality...

9. dc rock

dc rock Member

Yuck.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yes, Chris Bosh's career was never the same after he turned us down the last time we went after him.

11. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I understand from a personal standpoint it may be better but basketball? I don’t believe the Lakers will be better than the rockets, assuming that’s his choice.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t remember it happening like that. I remember him announcing he’d come to Houston and originally he was going to do it as a free agent, but Morey got with him and they decided opting in and being traded was the best way to go.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Iguadola?

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well I guess those posters who whined about winning a chip with LeBron in Houston not being "special" enough are the happiest people about this decision. Yah, I don't understand people who are taking it personal that LeBron doesn't want to come to Houston. We are of course, biased but we do represent his best chance of winning a chip immediately.

LeBron probably thinks that by going to the Lakers, he is going to a situation that is not championship ready like our team or the Warriors or Boston or even Philly and that represents a challenge to him. Of course, if the Lakers get Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, then I hardly see how going there is such a challenge. Their challenge will be to find a bench to fill out the rest of the team.

I would rather see LeBron go to either the Celtics (hilarious for the reunion of him and Kyrie) or the 76ers. The Sixers are such an intriguing team and having LeBron there to go with Embiid and Ben Simmons would be like wow. I hate the Lakers as much or more than the Warriors and probably as much as any professional sports franchise (right up there with the Yankees and Cowboys). Seeing him go to the Lakers would really suck but will probably happen. I still can't see the Spurs giving in to Leonard's demands of going there.

CALI_MOST_WANTD likes this.
  15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hold up is the PG13 dream dead too?

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Lebron will go ringless for the rest of his career and that is a great thing. I've always maintained he is a huge dbag and was truly conflicted whether I even wanted him to come to Houston. Now Morey can work his magic and improve this roster enough to win 75 games and win a title.

rockets1995 and Tfor3 like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

That was pretty much never alive.

Sadat X and jamisonrocket like this.
  18. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Nah , it was he was lining up meetings with spurs houston clippers and opting out. Then boom trade

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

that dream’s been dead...PG never even had us on his radar

20. aroundtheblock2

Never existed.

A) dont have the money to sign outright

B) through opt-in and trade OKC never would have done a deal with the Rockets

C) Paul George never showed any interest towards the rockets