1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James on Cleveland: Karma is a b****

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Croatian Sensation, Jan 12, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Because they are uber sensitive....and don't want to admit there might be a corrolation between a lack of a father figure and these prima donna's not taking responsibility.

DD

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

whites also viewed oj simpson unfavorably more than blacks, but that doesnt mean he didnt murder two people.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

While you maybe right, it is still short sided to assume that their "prima donna" behavior is due to a lack of a father figure in the family. I know a number of people that didn't grow up with a father figure and became responsible citizens because they knew they didn't want to become irresponsible. Then there are those that did grow up with a father and completely irresponsible. Carry on...

4. DreamRoxCoogFan

Listening to sports talk everywhere, its pretty clear that black people will defend black athletes for a much longer time than other races will. If white people view LeBron unfavorably, I think its more of a case of black people being "homers" and whites judging off of the situation. It would be interesting to see how other races/ethnicities feel about LeBron- would their figures be closer to blacks or whites? I'm betting they would be closer to whites.

While I definitely believe that there is still a lot of racism in America, I don't think LeBron is an example you can point to. He made an unfavorable decision and presented it in the most offensive way- all while hiding under the guise of charity. The Decision had nothing to do with charity. It was LeBron wanting to be in the spotlight as much as possible. To his credit, a lot of people watched it, but I wasn't one of them.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Plenty of prima donnas that also have both parents. Just a stupid comment. They could be primma donnas because that is what a lot of millionaries are.

Also saying they don't take responsibility because they didn't grow up with a father is just ignorant. If you're forced to grow up in a home without a father that is usually more responsiblity than someone who grows up with both parents.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

black people are not homers - they are carls.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Damion Laverne

What LeBron did in July is hurting him so badly right now. However, due to the strong opinions displayed around sports talk and ESPN surveys (generally), it is quite unfair to assume that blacks defend LeBron and whites criticize him based on the rather small sample of opinions given.

8. delta69er

delta69er Member

wow I came on here to bash Lebron some more because his own statements concerning karma have come right around to bite him in the ass but I find myself in the midst of a racial debate...hahaha

9. Steve_Francis_rules

Black people have names like Carl, while white people have names like Lenny.

1 person likes this.
  10. SunsRocketsfan

doesnt matter if you are white, black, asian, hispanic, or indian..
    we should all agree that Lebron is the biggest egomaniac douche in the nba

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Its usually people who had both their parents that make these stupid comments not knowing how hard it is growing up without a father.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Biggest? I won't agree to that. I think he's got some really great competition.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Why's Lebron referring to himself as Karma? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  14. thejav

thejav Member

Cavs’ Mo Williams out indefinitely

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

CLEVELAND (AP)—The Cavaliers are falling as fast as their record.

Starting guard Mo Williams(notes) will be sidelined for several weeks with a lingering hip injury, another blow to the NBA’s worst team.

Williams, who has already missed seven games with the injury, received a cortisone shot on Wednesday to relieve the pain. He said doctors want him to rest before deciding the next course of treatment. Williams said one positive is that surgery is not an option.

“It’s going to come along as long as I don’t push it,” Williams said before the Cavs hosted the Phoenix Suns.

Coach Byron Scott said there is no timetable on Williams’ return. Ramon Sessions(notes) will start in place of Williams, who is averaging 13.6 points and 7.1 assists.

“Obviously, it’s a big loss,” Scott said. “Mo is one of our leaders and one of our best scorers. He’s been doing a real good job directing the team. Even though it is a big loss, it gives us a chance to develop some of our other players.”

The Cavs (8-32), who have dropped 13 straight games and 23 of 24, have been ravaged by injuries. Center Anderson Varejao(notes) is out for the season with a torn ankle tendon and is expected to undergo surgery this week. Also, the team is missing guards Anthony Parker(notes) (strained back) Christian Eyenga(notes) (sprained ankle) and forwards Leon Powe(notes) (knee surgery) and Joey Graham(notes) (strained quad).

Cleveland did get guard Daniel Gibson(notes) back to face Phoenix after he missed Cleveland’s five-game road trip with an ankle sprain.

Scott is trying to make the most of a dismal situation. He laughed when asked if his medical vocabulary has expanded during his first season with Cleveland.

“I’m not ready to take the official medical exam and become a doctor, but I’m getting close,” Scott said. “I’ve never seen anything like this. I’ve been in situations where we’ve had injuries before but not five, six guys out at one time. This is new to me.”

karma???

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tanking

16. SunsRocketsfan

yea the other is Steve Francis but he's no longer in the NBA :grin:

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

they don't need any help

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Right.

So when you pull a fact out of your ass, something along the lines of "Lebron James is immature because he doesn't have a father", we are sensitive for pointing out how ridiculous this is?

Come on, you always preach about class. And now you're calling posters "sensitive" because they disagree with your line of thinking.