1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James on Cleveland: Karma is a b****

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Croatian Sensation, Jan 12, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pun intended.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

That is a bad example. Amare left with class, don't think I have ever seen a player leave in the fashion Amare did. He even published a letter to the community of Phoenix in their newspaper thanking the fans, community and team for all they did to help him grow into the player he is today.

Look at the way other stars leave compared to the way LeBron left.

First, he threw two playoff games (if you deny it, you clearly did not watch it. Those last two games, especially the last one, he gave up on the team completely. He wanted to get the hell out of that horrible city). LeBron didn't tell anybody within the organization his decision until a national TV special. Following his departure, he even insulted the city of Cleveland. And now they face this huge embarrassment and adding insult to injury issues out a tweet against the team.

I mean come on now. If he were a Rocket, we'd be doing the same thing.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yup. Just like we trash Tracy.

4. clippy

clippy Member

It makes perfect sense if directed at Gilbert. Gilbert published a scathing letter about LeBron, guaranteeing that Cleveland would win a title before LeBron. And now Cleveland is one of the worst teams in NBA history and LeBron is on probably the best team in the league.

All LeBron did was change teams during free agency. Looking at the results, it's clear he made the right decision. Cleveland was terrible and management did very little to bring in real players to help him out. When Mo Williams is your 2nd best player, you have a problem.

Now admittedly the way LeBron went about it with a public broadcast was douchey to the max, but let it go already.

5. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Booooooooya! Bad guy does something bad, God shuts em up! Booooooooooya!

6. brooksstephens

Lebron doesn't owe a damn thing to the city of Cleveland. He brought that team success that us Rockets fans would have LOVED to have seen, but haven't in a long long time.. and he did it all by himself. Cleveland is due for good luck?? How much more lucky could they have been in getting James? The NBA isn't the old MLB where players are property, almost slaves, to their current team... free agency sucks for the fans, but its necessary for business.

Stop Hatin.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

His anger towards Gilbert may make sense.

But suggesting it's Karma that Cleveland sucks does not. Unless he thinks Cleveland would not have sucked if Gilbert hadn't badmouthed LeBron.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I thought it was funny . . . the last night blowout . . . Dan Gilbert . . . Lebron's decision . . . the lemonade stand for Dan Gilbert . . . The Cavs being beaten crushed by the Heat.

So what it is entertainment and everyone involved, except the Cleveland fans (most of them anyway) are millionaires and billionaires?

It was one player . . . even though was a bit distasteful in how it was done ... it's not the end of world and James mostly kept talk of leaving hush, plus it was good for TV ratings. It didn't make things any better, when the owner of a team pouted like a baby and ranted like some drunken twenty year old about it.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Who said he owed anything to Cleveland? Anywhere in this thread?

It's not hating to call a douche a douche. Stop carrying his jock. He is a phenomenal basketball player and a PR dunce of equally phenomenal magnitude. I can't figure it out. I really can't.

It would be so, so easy to be just the tiniest bit classy. I guess that's what blows me away. World at your feet and you act like he does? His choice. And some of us can shake our heads if we want.

"Hatin" is such a pathetic excuse for everything now. Might as well say "stop calling it like it is!" and post a picture of some freak being freaky. Makes that much sense.

2 people like this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

When somebody calls you a hater, it is because they have no way to refute your argument.

Somebody needs to take the piss out of Lebron.

I know he thinks he's black Jesus and Jay-Z wants his nutsack, but he really needs to tone it down a notch before he ends up getting a little too radical for Nike America.

11. clippy

clippy Member

Well, he's got a Rockets board making countless threads about him every day. Everyone knows who he is. His every move will be watched until he retires.

I'd say he's pretty good at PR.

12. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I laughed. So sad and true.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I have a feeling that Gilbert and the Cavs fans would have basically reacted in the same way even if LBJ gave them prior notice of picking another team. Everyone in Cleveland felt like he owed them something. Like I mentioned, they should have been happy that he didn't leave town the first time his contract was up. It's clear as day now that they didn't surround him with enough pieces. Anyone that says that they did is in denial.

Btw, Lebron doesn't have ish on MJ. MJ & Kobe dwarf him in douchebaggery and it's not even close. Let's not forget how Kobe used to act with his own teammates before the rape charge.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry for being a little slow, but what is this stuff about Delonte West? Did he sleep with LeBron's girl?

Anyway, getting back to this -the first thing I thought of when I read this was how in wrestling a good guy comes out and attacks another good guy or face wrestler from behind with a chair and is now a heel. LeBron has become the ultimate heel in the NBA. The sad thing was that it didn't have to be this way - meaning that if he had the intestinal fortitude inside of himself, he could have continued to make things work in Cleveland. You want to be the greatest ever, LeBron? Win a championship for Cleveland without any "superstar" help. Hakeem did it (the season before Clyde came).

These are the times to see what LeBron is truly made of and what we are seeing is disappointing us all. Maybe that is why so many threads are being started about the guy. He is not in "our heads" - he has let us down.

1 person likes this.
  15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Slept with Lebron's mom

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nope. Delonte slept with Lebron's mom. I think he even caught them..as in he went up to her room and Delonte opened the hotel room door..something to that effect..

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

After this tweet, I'm become convinced that LeBron WANTS the hatin. And the fact that he changed his location on his page to "wherever the haters are."

There's no way LeBron's handlers can be this bad. Hear out my conspiracy theory. LeBron knew he was going to dump Cleveland, and that he would get bad PR from it no matter how he spun it or how gracious he was. If he was gracious, everyone would say that he was a phony, and just trying to manage the "LeBron Brand" like Tiger, Michael, etc. did.

So his marketing people / inner circle gave him different advice. Do the HEEL turn, WWE style. Embrace the villain. Schedule "the Decision", and do the heel turn on national TV. Then follow it up with memorable quotes such as he is not going to apologize for anything, that he will continue to work on his greatness, karma's a b****, etc.

In the WWE, it's the heels that usually are the most marketable. Like Bill Simmons observed in an article after the Decision, LeBron's actions look strangely similar to the biggest heal turn of all time, Hulk Hogan joining NWO at the Bash at the Beach:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zwr1dTrLbY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zwr1dTrLbY0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Not too long after this, everybody started wearing NWO t-shirts.

18. clippy

clippy Member

Exactly. If you watched the Portland game, he was feeding off the hatred of the fans and giving it right back to them.

No publicity is bad publicity. Everyone is going to watch the Heat because they want to see LeBron fail. If the Lakers play the Heat in the Finals, it'll get the biggest ratings ever, even though Lakers v. Celtics has a lot more historical significance. Stern must be loving this.

19. brooksstephens

Except for the part where, you know, I stated my argument.

I agree that the Decision thing was douchey and just plain weird... but it really wasn't THAT big of a deal as you guys make it out to be.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

I wish everyone would hurry up and figure this out.