1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James Interview: Would consider returning to CLE one day

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MD_in_Training, Aug 17, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

gilbert attacked one guy....lebron attacked a whole city an organization. That's the whole point of how lebron "handled the whole decision". He's free to leave, but he showed very little class in how he did it. He disrespected the cavs org by not keeping them in the loop and therefore all the fans as well.

2. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

I think you missed my point.

You are right -- he can go where he wants to, and do what's best for him.

But you have to admit it is rather douchey to leave Cleveland the way he did. It wasn't very classy.

LeBron wanted the attention brought on by the Decision, otherwise he would have announced it in a different way. This narcissism doesn't excuse Cleveland's owner from his comments, but it does create the opportunity to comment.

I'll go biblical on ya to get my point across - "for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." :grin:

3. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

"....James told GQ: "I understand that a lot of people would be hurt" in Cleveland by his decision, but also said that growing up, he and his friends from Akron didn't always like Cleveland. Akron is about 40 miles south of Cleveland.

"It's not far, but it is far," James told GQ. "And Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us. ... So we didn't actually like Cleveland. We hated Cleveland growing up. There's a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day.
    ...."

WTF. Lebron is an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  4. sew

sew Member

smh....

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I understand that lebron certaintly could have and should have handled it better, but when Gilbert said the things he did and Cleveland fans/babies acted the way they did it made lebron the good guy.

Ur right I did get off the actuall point of the thread, my bad!

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

some have said he will choke, some have said he will take the backseat to dwade! My point wasn't that they will win, it was that lebron will lead them while winning!

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

You replace LeBron with Marion at his prime and Heat would be the heavy favorite to win the east too. Very impressive.

8. OvenproofBadger

I think we got a good sense of Brons character too...

9. DontTradeOswalt

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Raven

Raven Member

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't he'll ever put the cavaliers jersey on.

12. gambingo

gambingo Member

Just when you think LeClown cant dig any deeper.......

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

If he was waiting for another "Pippen" as a running mate then he shouldve taken in consideration the long hours Jordan spent w/ Scottie after practice pushing him into be a better player. Instead of dancing around like a idiot, Jordan challenged his teammates and made them tougher (even coming to punches)....The whole "Cleveland didnt meet Lebron's expectations" aspect is really overrating a young talented player with huge flaws in his game. Translation, he was NEVER that good to make those kind of demands on a organization that did everything to keep him happy.The "decision" was more about creating hype and his already inflated ego...

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is he going to have another 1-hour special to announce his decision the next time his contract expires?

15. showtang043

showtang043 Member

highlight: him talking about his family and fans being spoiled every time they see him play and him continuing to talk in 3rd person

16. amaru

amaru Member

Your right.....LeDiva acted like a primadonna and walked off leaving the city in shambles.....all on national t.v.

If you ask me, what we went through w/ Tracy pales in comparison to what Cle fans went through w/ James

17. ApuN

ApuN Member

Here we go again with the mythological bu**sh**

Look, Pippen is great because of Pippen..period.

If Mike had these magical powers, why is Pippen the only other Bull from those teams that is in the Hall of Fame???

LeBron did his best for seven years and it didn't work. "Challenge his teammates"? WTF?? He challenged his teammates to two years in a row of having the best record in the league.

You think those 60 win seasons were handed to them on a platter?? Just how in the fu** did they have 60 win seasons???

18. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Lebron should have given cleveland a heads up.

He didnt have to announce what team he was going to sign with, but he should have at least told the cavs he wasnt coming back.

Dan Glibert shoudl've shown more restraint in his comments towards Lebron, but I dont think anyone that looks at the situation objectively can blame him for being pissed off at the way Lebron went about his "decision".

Lebron is looking like like the next level of professional sports prima donna with the things he's saying.