1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Finals would be an afterthought. A team with Harden-CP3-LeBron would not lose to anyone coming out of the East.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

Deuce, DonKnock, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

David Aldridge is guessing like the rest of us. David doesn't know. Hell, LeBron doesn't even know.

Deuce, DonKnock, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Tony looks like a Rocket fan in that picture.

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Decision Part 3: Taking My Talents to Third Coast

DonKnock and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just going to throw this out there but...

Anyone see Lebron coming here and it blowing up in our faces?

One thing we know from Lebron, the dude is rather controlling. He's going to try and control everything the organization does. IIRC, Pat Riley was the strong hand preventing that when he came to Miami.

I'm not saying if Lebron wants to come here, deny him, but all this drama coming out of Cleveland kind of worries me.

RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Cavs have drama because they have a bad head coach, bad role players, don't play defense a bad owner, and almost all of their players are past their prime. Wouldn't have that here.

Sure, it could go worse than we expect, but we're a better situation from top to bottom.

8. thekad

thekad Member

Well he has three rings, so obviously drama isn't a limiting factor... More worried about an injury and subsequent decline on a huge contract.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

It will be interesting if LeBron comes here and we are able to keep the majority of the current supporting cast. The bigger thing will be to see how Tillman handles a megastar l ike LeBron. We saw how his camp ran things in Cleveland and how Miami kept him in check. I am not sure how Tillman will treat LeBron if he is going to allow Morey to run things 100% like he does currently or will we see LeBron forcing moves. If Les was still the owner I do believe he would have allowed LeBron more freedom than he probably should.

I am all for getting LeBron though as long as we keep Harden and Paul

10. sirjesse

Supporting Member

It could be bad. I mean, some nights we would have to ask LeBron to play 40 minutes rather than the 25 minutes a game we would usually play him.

11. sirjesse

Supporting Member

What would really be bad is when we open the season 52-2 and bench our starters for the next 30 games.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm still skeptical. But it's now plausible that even if we lose to the Warriors in the conference finals, we could play them close enough that LeBron decides to take the leap. That's a worthy intermediate goal.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

There's always drama with LeBron.

Just imagine a slow start & LeBron starts subtweeting Harden. :D "LEARN TO FIT IN!"

In 2015, James missed two weeks with a bad back and took a mysterious trip to Miami. The Cavs struggled badly without him. On January 13, upon returning amid an alleged rift with head coach David Blatt, James made headlines when he shoved Blatt away from a ref to prevent a technical foul. The optics were not great.

On January 22, 2016, the Cavs fired Blatt. Damning reports revealed that James' and his teammates' attitude toward Blatt did not help matters. Their struggles even extended all the way into late February, when the Cavs lost to Eastern Conference up-and-comers in the Raptors and Washington Wizards.

Last season, on January 23, James put the front office on blast by saying the team needed more playmakers. Then-GM David Griffin even responded, disagreeing with James' assessment. 2017 proved to be something of an outlier, as the Cavs went 10-14 from March 1 to the end of the season, but they flipped the switch in the playoffs, going 12-1 to make the Finals again.

What's highly possible each year is that James, the team's leader, a superstar who hasn't missed the Finals since 2010, grows somewhat disinterested by mid-season and it spreads through the locker room. In recent years, it could be especially true as he's taken on more playmaking responsibilities and approached defense only half-heartedly. January is the doldrums of the NBA and teams eye the relief of the All-Star break in February.

James, now 33, competes in April, May, and June. He's a player who has admitted that he ramps up the intensity each month and was only going 80%, by his own assessment, earlier this year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cleveland-cavaliers-panic-january-2018-1
    ________________________​

JayGoogle and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, that the Cavs have a worse roster and it's a testament to Lebron that they were/are considered an elite team. His ability to kind of drag his teammates up around him is actually...not many players in NBA history could do it. You take Jordan off of the Bulls and the Bulls were still an elite team. You take Lebron off teams and they go to the lottery.

Still though, this bit of drama is alarming to me. It feels like Lebron is throwing teammates under the bus...and then there is the whole issue of his coach, the drama with his previous coach Blatt and how this was going to be Lebron's coach. It feels like Lebron makes his bed but doesn't sleep in it sometimes.

I think Lebron brings a lot of drama with him, I think his history shows it too. I'd still take him because I think he'd get us a ring or two before it all broke down, for that reason alone I'd take him.

His advancing age isn't an issue for me because really...Paul, Harden, Lebron... these guys could LITERALLY take turns sitting out games and they'd still have the best record in the NBA. I think it would be the height of a superteam, you basically have 3 MVP like players on one team.

Yep, this is my main concern, how Tillman handles this.

Also that MDA isn't afraid to clash with megastars and what that could mean.

Then there is the issue of Harden having to give up his team, like Wade did, and realize that all the team accomplishments will go to Lebron. I mean, the fans won't see it that way, but every chip he wins with Lebron will be a talking point for his legacy.

The most passive-aggressive dude in the league lol

Still, I'd celebrate it happening hoping we'd get a ring from it before it all blew up with Harden demanding a trade ala Kyrie or something.

J.R. likes this.
  15. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

LeBron has never had a elite front office .
    If he came to Houston he would fall in line STFU.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

EOY pat riley isn't elite you say....

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

He won EOY when Lebron, Wade and Bosh decided to team up.

18. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Naw not really ,Lebron had a hand in orchestrating that Miami team.Riley may have made some elite moves , but I don't recall.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

How is that any different than now tho? Nobody out East is beating GS. Nobody out East could even last more than 5 games.

20. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

P Riley failed to upgrade the roster afet D Wade took a pay cut.