1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James: ‘I don’t flop’

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingCheetah, May 14, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ZpGKC62qvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heat’s LeBron James responds to criticism from Bulls: ‘I don’t flop’

LeBron James defended his basketball honor after having it questioned by the Bulls following a Game 3 shove from Nazr Mohammed that sent him flying across the court.

“I don’t need to flop,” James said, according to the Associated Press. “I play an aggressive game. I don’t flop. I’ve never been one of those guys.”

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau and guard Nate Robinson both got in digs at James following Miami’s 104-94 Game 3 victory in Chicago on Friday night.

“From my angle, I just saw a guy, basically, flop,” Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. “I’m going to leave it at that.”

“You see LeBron in a lot of commercials, a lot of good acting,” Bulls guard Nate Robinson added, according to Yahoo! Sports.

James responded to those comments on Sunday.

“I don’t want to get involved too much with what everybody else says about us, about me,” he said. “It’s nothing I haven’t heard before in my career. It’s nothing. … I’m here to play basketball and do whatever it takes for our team to win. So what a coach and players say to me and about me, I don’t really care. … It’s kind of the same [as when] I heard people say I was overrated. It’s kind of like the same response.”

The 2013 MVP has made an issue of Chicago resorting to what he believes are “non-basketball plays” this season and the Eastern Conference semifinals series between the two teams has been full of physical play and trash-talking. In Game 2, both Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson were ejected for disputing calls. In Game 3, Mohammed was ejected for shoving James to the court.

Thibodeau was fined $35,000 Sunday for making an issue of the officiating following Game 3. Gibson was fined $25,000 for verbally abusing an official during his Game 2 ejection.

“When you play this team you have to have a lot of mental, physical and emotional toughness,” he said. “Things aren’t going to go your way. That’s the way it is. You’re not going to get calls. That’s reality. We still have to find a way to get it done and we can.”

For what it’s worth, James has not received a warning or fine this season under the NBA’s new anti-flopping policy, which aims to curb the most egregious simulations and over-exaggerations. This season, he attempted 535 free throws, sixth-most in the NBA, trailing only James Harden, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant and Russell Westbrook.

link

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

sure, neither does fisher or martin

3. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. VBG

VBG Member

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

6. smr6

smr6 Member

He had one of the worst flops I've seen last year in the playoffs. It was against the Pacers and I think it was David West and either George or Granger who trapped him just past half court. He was stuck and David West makes one swipe a the gall and thats it. Then suddenly he just flails wildly and falls down out of bounds.

Heres the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x-2T2S50Ttk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

How dare he. No way he really believes that right?

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Well, it's ridiculous for James to make that claim. Obviously a single gif in this thread debunks it.

He should have just said what happened. He was legitimately going down and he added a power-slide at the end to protect his head. I think the idea that he seriously pretended to fall down is insane. He may be built like a tank, he may be a little bigger than Mohammed, but imagine you are reading the menu at Subway and suddenly the guy in line beside you winds up and shoves you as hard as he can. That's an analogous amount of surprise that James faced, as he had shifted focus from Mohammed to the ref already.

9. coffeelover665

Yeah Lebron making that statement is quite dumb.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As big as he is he shouldn't even be flopping

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron James will flop occasionally, but he's nowhere near the level of the top floppers in the league IMO.

Since he's the best player in the league though the few times he actually flops it's a bigger deal.

12. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Hmmmmm I wonder if any of these clutchfans members criticizing LeBron ever watch James Harden play

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he should have said, "i don't flop anymore"

14. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Does Chicago have a home game left? I'd love to see this video playing on the big screen throughout the pregame ceremonies.

15. ashiin

ashiin Member

I don't care if LeBron flops every once in a while, it's built into the game. But claiming you never flop?

lol.

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

If James Harden ever says he doesn't flop it will be just as ridiculous.

17. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ktJ8S-PJGEQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

It's not the fact that Lebron flops, it's the fact that he went out and said he doesn't flop when the evidence is right here in this thread

19. VBG

VBG Member

[​IMG]

Dunno why the first one didn't work

20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

this was infuriating. at least avoid answering but don't outright deny it when there's evidence littered all over the internet

what an @ss