1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Lebron is impressive against Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yb001, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Soji34

Soji34 Member

his poise in the game was what impressed me the most. the way he controlled the game when he had the ball and set his teamates up was amazing, almost jordan-like. he did not look like a rookie. when he gave up his breakaway, all by himself dunk to give the ball to ricky and let him have a go at it, i almst fell to the floor. with all the hype and pressure on him, he still looked to set up his teamates and please them instead of adding two easy points to his stats. sadly, the "veteran" teamates of his are selfish, jealous players. they're only looking to make themselves appear more valuable than lebron, which makes me think that you really dont need to much brains to make it in the nba. and all this is comming from a native syracuse guy, whose all over the melo bandwagon and predicted lebron to be a bust. i take it all back. it was only one game, but its not the stats im talking about. its the mentality he posseses that scares me the most.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah...it is him choking the first time he gets the ball as if the pressure was going to be too much for him. i think it's a pretty good commercial.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

but anyhow....lebron was very impressive and he surprised me. the thing that stood out the most was how smart he played. i was amazed at the decisions he made on offense and defense. his raw talent is obvious, but the mental game is far ahead of what i expected. i knew the kid had the right attitude before and that he was smart but the poise he displayed was very surprising. it will be interesting to see how he holds up the rest of the year and how teams will adjust to him and how he will adjust to them. also i am curious how his body will hold up. it's gonna be lots of fun watching him and that young cavs team develop. they've got some good young talent but no depth.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Are you kidding? I thought that commercial was great. You got him all freezing up, looking at his teammates, the coach, the crowd, and the cheerleader, kinda looking disoriented. Then it's like he tricked everybody and does his signature laugh and scores his first bucket. That's a pretty clever commercial.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a LOT more Lebron Nike ads.

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Really, it didn't occure to me that he was chocking. To me, he was making fun of everybody for no reason, and at the end, a very robot-like smile. If the theme is what you said, I have to say Lebron is not a good actor.