1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron invites buddy Warren Buffett to game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mordo, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Lebron is smart. He is already getting advice on what stocks to buy from Buffet. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron has a Berkshire stock and trying to get into a partnership with Buffet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070326/ap_en_ce/bkn_lebron_buffett;_ylt=AtCF9wPB4lUJX7dc3sCZHk5RF78C

2. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

When asked about his career goals, Lebron replied by saying that he wanted to be the first billionaire in the NBA.

Buffett is a good choice if he wants some money advice.

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I'm doubtful that Lebron is a business wiz, let me re-edit that:

LeBron's agents invite Buffett to game By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

CLEVELAND - LeBron James' agents invited a buddy who has even more money than he does to watch him play. Billions and billions more.

Philanthropist and businessman Warren Buffett, wearing a black T-shirt with "Witness" glittering on the front, sat courtside as a guest of James on Sunday night for the Cleveland Cavaliers' game against the Denver Nuggets.

Though an unlikely pair, Cleveland's All-Star forward's agents and Buffett are friends and mutual admirers. They first met a few months ago over a lunch of cheeseburgers in Omaha, Neb.

"He wanted a few tips on basketball and I wanted a little advice on money from his agents," joked Buffett, estimated by Forbes Magazine to be worth $52 billion. "We switch. He tells me what socks to buy and I tell his agents what stocks to pick."

Before tip-off, Buffett said he was eager to see his first NBA game in many years.

"I like basketball. I used to play when I was young — not very well," said the 76-year-old Buffett, ranked by Forbes as the world's second-richest man behind Bill Gates. "Of course in Nebraska, they tend to identify with football."

Buffett said he has become a big fan of the 22-year-old James marketing team and agents who have built him his own business portfolio. James signed a three-year, $60 million contract extension in July and already has endorsement deals worth an estimated $150 million.

"His agents are terrific," Buffett said. "I just want to be partners with his team. His group can probably buy the whole place."

Following Cleveland's 105-93 loss, James said that his agents said that he should say that he was happy to see Buffett.

"My agents said this guy is important so I had to smile extra wide," James said.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well Lebron's agents/management team is essentially his homeboys, so I wouldn't say that they're on a much different wavelength as James. Besides, how hard is it to point at the 2nd richest guy in the country, and conclude that it might be a good idea to buddy up with him.