1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron Hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NafeesLACC, May 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. timmy

timmy Member

This just shows how good he is.

The fans of the opposing teams hate him to death, like they used to do MJ.

But everyone wants to have him on their own team. That speaks volume.

2. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

No doubt the Bulls were still good team without Mike, but I hate when people say they didn't miss a beat because they did and that beat was they didn't get pass NY.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In these 5 games vs. Orlando, he's putting on a performance in the conference finals that I haven't seen since maybe Olajuwon vs. Robinson, 1995.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Yep, it is at all time great levels. Historic.

5. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

If he doesn't win a title, he'll just be called a stat-stuffing choker every year.

6. Mr. Space City

it's really a shame for a man to have to do so much for his team to be competitive.

lebron is working with one of the worst set of role players around a superstar i've seen in a while and yet he is carrying this team on his back.

mo williams, delonte west, and boobie gibson step-up but can they do it conisteintly?

even when they stepped up he still had to drop a triple-double to get the W

props to lebron. he is living up to the hype

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Not to take anything away from Hakeem, but i dont think i've seen anyone put up this kind of performance in 5 games since MJ and i dont know if even his airness could match it. Of course his team being behind 3 games to 2 diminishes the significance and greatness, Lebron thus far is avgeraging something like an INSANE 41 points 8 assist and 9 rebounds per game on 50% shooting. Thats almost a triple double while avg 41 ! :eek:

this is probably the stupidest comment i've seen in awhile. congrats.

8. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I'm just angry that we wouldn't be able to play them in the Finals. Battier would've finally received the praise he deserves, and LeBron would've been embarrassed.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Artest probably would have defended LeBron for the most part. He had primary responsibility on him in our regular season win against them.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lebron is playing at an absurdly high level and i doubt anyone can stop him right now. remember, he had only ONE 30 point game v. the hawks in the reg. season, only shot 42% v. detroit in the reg. season? those things didn't happen in the playoffs.

lebron has really elevated his game. he might not dominate like he is, but i still think he would put up something like 30+, 7, 7 v. our defense. you really can't stop a great player when he's as determined as lebron.

11. t_mac1

lebron is putting up 36, 9, 7 right now.

hakeem in 94-95 put up 33ppg, 10.3rpg, 4.5apg, 2.8bpg, on 53% fg FOR THE ENTIRE CHAMPIONSHIP RUN (and he played the knicks, who was a tough defensive team).

whats more ridiculous about the stats i just posted in regards to hakeem is that HE'S A CENTER, and doesn't have the ball as much as a perimeter player like lebron or MJ.

so i think hakeem can do it if he wanted to. but lebron is def. playing at 2-3 levels above everyone else right now.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In 94/95, the Rockets played the Magic.

13. t_mac1

whoops. my fault. guess i remember the knicks series more b/c it was a hard-fought 7 game series, rather than a sweep of the magic.

14. Christopher

Christopher Member

I think NBA fans have become so used to having certain players thrown at them with marketing crap that they have just becomes conditioned to hate "That guy".

I have that little voice in me saying not to like Lebron, and you know what, everything I see and read about him, he seems like a nice enough guy who is playing for his home town team, who keeps decent friends, he doesn't get in trouble and he plays his a$$ off and tries to become better all the time.

maybe its just a sign that NBA fans are a cynical bunch.

15. jlwee

jlwee Member

I don't get it, as much as i like shane and his defense but he stopped Lebron in one game and people forgot Lebron drop 27pts on 47% against Artest and Shane on Dec 23 2008!
    Shane and Artest maybe able to slow Lebron but he will still get his points and won't be embarrassed as haters wish!

16. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

To stop a great player as determined as LeBron, you need players like Battier/Artest who are determined to play defense. Both take pride in their D and would step up to the challenge. That 0 assist game (only one of his whole career) was no fluke. Plus Yao/Deke would supply further defense on the interior. Rockets would've blown out the Cavs at home and are good enough to win at CLE.

17. t_mac1

if they couldn't stop brandon roy or kobe bryant, they have ZERO chance of stopping lebron.

remember, brandon roy struggled mightily v. us in the reg. season too. the playoffs are a different beast.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

No doubt, Hakeems performance was one of the greatest ive seen in the playoffs and unless the Cavs go on to win the nba championshship its also going to be a hell of a lot more significant than Lebrons. However the point I was making in reply to Sam's post was in terms of evaluating the 5 games he's played thus far against Orlando, his performance statistically is unbelievable if not unheard of. so far in the series with Orlando, hes avg an insane 41pts 8assist and 9 rebounds! 41 8 and 9! :eek: Thats beyond crazy... statistically speaking its more impressive than what hakeem did to Robinson those first 5 games but less significant at the same time because Hakeem ultimately went on to win the series by scoring 80+ points the last two games (after the series was tied 2-2). If however Cleveland manages to beat the magic and go on the win the championship...

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Maybe so... there wasn't anyone as much hated as MJ was on the opposing side.

20. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Wow what kind of fan are you? You're really going to say the Artest/Battier defensive tandem "couldn't stop" Roy or Kobe? Did you even watch the games? Besides, our team defense would force LeBron into jumpers, making him much less effective.