1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron Hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NafeesLACC, May 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

What explains this hatred for a player who at the age of 24 is one his way to shattering almost every record?

Lets see, He doesn't have the arrogance and general dirty play of Kobe

He is breathtaking to watch at times yet there seems to be a mounting presence of people who hate to see him succeed.

Is it because of Jealousy? Is it because the Rockets don't have any player who can compare to him?

The Argument that Lebron can't shoot or he's not clutch is not founded in fact either. 82games.com has Lebron as the most clutch player this season, His shooting percentage is at 49%, his career 3pt percentage is at 33% slightly below Kobe's 34%.

Do they think that he really doesn't get fouled? that he doesn't have the ability to draw fouls or is it just hating a great player who is not on the Rockets?

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

The last "foul" in regulation was NOT a foul. It was LeBron selling an accidental trip as a foul.

It's not hate so much as not buying totally into the hype machine.

LeBron won't win it with the current lackluster squad anyway.

3. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

I dont hate LBJ, but sometime he do get away with travels and calls in his favor.

I think the reason most people hate him, is because of the media hyping up the cavs and laker final, without even giving other teams a shot.

4. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

also i feel bad for him, dude is playing his ass off and could be averaging a double double but his team mate is letting him down.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

It's not Lebron's fault. He is just out there doing his thing. And he is darned good at it. I don't hate Lebron James. He represents a lot of things that are right with basketball and the NBA.

Its the hype machine that shows his dirty laundry as the lead in on the highlight shows instead of a record setting night by a hockey player, baseball player or other basketball player. Its all the commercials we have to endure telling us how great Lebron is before he really has earned it. It's the 1997 Michael Jordan hype in 1989 when all he has done is beaten the Cavs with a last second shot and scored 63 on the Celtics.

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I don't LBJ I just hate the culture of jock-riding by most of the media. No doubt he is amazing but he is not perfect.

When you analyze a game, you'll say the reason Team A lost is because of the Cavs/LBJ not doing something, understand?

Also, a lot of people said the Cavs were going to the Finals (against the Lakers) and most likely going to win. That's way too many assumptions and not giving other teams credit. You have to play the Playoff games.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

LeBron sucks.. Kobe's better.

[/thread]

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Don't abuse the word "hate" easily. I voted for Cavs to win in 6 but the officiating in the last 10 seconds of the 4th quarter is ridiculous. Unlike the Kobe/Lebron apologist, I just want to see fair officiating as a basketball fan. Kobe/Lebron matchup in the Finals is intriguing for me too, but I just don't want to see this happen with the help of BS calls in favor of them.

That being said, I hate to see all those Kobe and Lebron fans justify ALL the bad calls in their favor and whine ALL the good calls against their way. If you want to do that just go to the Lakers/Cavs forum and I hate to see it happens in Clutchfans.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Uhhhh....Chosen1???

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Apparently "Hater" just means you like the other guy anywhere from a little bit to a lot better.

See Lebron/Kobe

See Yao/T-Mac

See Lowry/Brooks.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

What's breathtaking is his athleticism, not his game. Well, that's the case for me anyway.

LeHype just doesn't do it for me. Not the endless commercials announcing the greatest player ever, or his pre-game theatrics, or the one dunk he's capable of pulling off, or his arrogant side-kick (mr. I-Make-Open-J's-and-the-occasional-layup), Mo Williams. I'm glad Mo guaranteed a win and proclaimed that they're the best team in basketball. It'll just make things so much sweeter when the Magic seal the deal in Cleveland.

The NBA should take a step back and allow people to appreciate the players on their own, instead of shoving all this propaganda **** down our throats. It's almost as if the NBA is becoming the Church of LeBron. Well, I hope a Magic victory in Cleveland allows us to collectively say "peace out" to that crap.

12. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I hate him because of that stupid baby powder thing he does before every damn game.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

L-bro is going to be a very great player - probably one of the top 5 greatest players.

But he's not there yet. The coronation is pre-mature.

14. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

idk why anyone would hate him, I do find it annoying that he's being compared to jordan.

15. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

We don't hate him. We just don't want Sterns dreams to be fulfilled...

That is all..

16. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

For marked GOAT before he even got a ring? For free throw if you breathe on him? It's not his fault, it's Stern and ESPN and Nike's. But he's the one on the receiving side of benefits.

17. spysta

spysta Member

I hate him cuz he is averaging over 40 point against the magic and his number 2 guy is making guarantees and not really helping to back it up. Also I hate him because he surpassed kobe bryant as a player.

And most of all I hate him for having the audacity to have a chance at one day surpassing michael jordan.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

I don't hate him at all.

I just hate the refs.

LeBron is a great player; there is no need to give him stupid advantages.

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

And yeah, without that, he's on fishing boat by now.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I don't hate LeBron; I hate Stern's refs. I hate Stern's iron grip over the NBA and his rigging of playoff series.

LeBron is absolutely the best player in basketball this year at least, but the amount of bs calls that he gets is incredible.