1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron disagrees with Jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by New Generation, Feb 16, 2013.

1. New Generation

Couldn't have put it better myself. People put too much emphasis on the Championships someone has instead of the overall skill and performance of the person. Although 99% of the time, the skill of that person leads to a championship, but that shouldn't be the main focus in my opinion. LJ makes a good point with the comparison of Rings vs Performance.

Same thing goes with coaches, imo. Most of the time it's a judge of what they accomplish, but it's also on the players. It's a mutual relationship. Can't expect coaches to get championships if their players suck, but you can't say they're bad coaches on that basis.

With the logic of most now-a-days, everyone should pick up Pau Gasol over Lebron.

2. elindio23

elindio23 Member

Rings don't tell the entire story, but they do tell some of it.

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Jordan knows LeBron is his biggest threat to "take over" that #1 spot.

I agree with LeBron on this one.

4. Classic

Classic Member

old dudes be envious they're no longer in their prime

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think LeBron is the best player in the league, by far, but I'm going to defend Jordan because I think his comments were kind of taken out of context.

He did say that LeBron was the most dominant player in the game today. But Jordan is all about what you do in the big moments, like when the game is on the line or in a championship series. From that standpoint, he probably saw LeBron and Kobe as being very close but gave the edge to Kobe because of the championship pedigree.

Also, you have to understand where Jordan is coming from. I mean, he probably feels like he was a better player in his mid-30s when he was more Kobe-like then in his athletic prime (late 20s) when he was more dominant and LeBron-like. He values the mental aspect of the game and edge that comes with many years of championship experience probably more than most.

6. what

what Member

Lebron is better than MJ, all day every day.

hashtag:Jordan'sjustajealouspunk.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If rings meant everything, Derek Fisher would rank higher than:
    -John Stockton
    -Oscar Robertson
    -Jason Kidd
    -Gary Payton
    -Steve Nash
    -Rondo
    -D Will
    -CP3
    -Parker
    etc

8. Nook

Nook Member

Too much is being made of this. Jordan used to slight Kobe according to Laker fans. Kobe has been around a long time and paid his dues so Jordan favors the vet. Also it is a pat answer, doesn't address the actual performance of the players.

Whole thing is silly because Jordan would beat both of them.

9. what

what Member

Lebron is better than Jordan. But Jordan was "clean," as far as we know. Lebron, I have my doubts about. Therefore, I say that with an *.

[​IMG]

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Meh no one should care what either says , they are just bball players not the president

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

May as well [/thread].

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Lebron just owned MJ.

Jordan has been regarded as te beat player of all time formao long now. Imagen how un would feel if they told u ur reign is over.

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

bron needs to win like the next 3 in a row bc once he gets over 30, i think his career is gonna fall pretty far and that's why he wont over take Jordan. He relies on pure athleticism and strength. Once that speed and jumping ability is gone, will he build an unstoppable post game? I doubt it.

But, i agree with Bron on what he said. Bron is better than Kobe. "it's the situation you're in, the team you're (on) and the timing as well." Couldn't have said it better myself. Put Bron on the Lakers and Kobe on the Cavs and we wouldn't be having these discussions.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

I think it's unfair to compare the two since Lebron is at his prime while Kobe is almost done with his basketball career. For the moment, Kobe is the better player, because he has accomplished more clutch games and key moments.

I hope you old timers haven't forget the times when Kobe has wowed us and showed us why he's one of the greatest players of all time throughout his career, because I certainly haven't.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lebron is the best player in the league by far, it isn't even close. When the GM that drafted Kobe said Lebron was better than him like 3 yrs ago, that means the gap has gotten even bigger now.

17. AXG

AXG Member

Exactly. LeBron right now is at the top of his game, while Kobe is on the decline. It's like comparing Shaq to Dream in the late-90's, early 2000's.

18. FearTheBeardJH

If Championships don't define greatness why did Lebron leave the Cavs?

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't deal in extremities...

Lebron is right that rings do not define a career, but anybody saying that rings don't have much emphasis are wrong as well. It doesn't matter how great you are, if you don't get it done and win championships, your legacy rightfully should be tarnished.

People like Charles Barkley and John Stockton are obviously great, and are considered some of the best players of all time, but there is no doubt that they are lowered in the all time ranks for not being able to get it done.

Lebron needs more rings if he's going to truly pass up Jordan, but he's still close to him regardless if he wins more rings or not.

20. fmp087

fmp087 Member

To play with a better team.