1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron complains about physicality and lack of fouls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 28, 2013.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I agree with LBJ, that those weren't basketball plays. At the same time, I think the refs made the right calls.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I plan on it. Just for Kobe c--- gobblers like you. Gobble gobble, KOF.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Keep up the good work!

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Prob. my favorite post in this thread.

I think this was excellent for Lebron anyways. He was having too much fun. He has been going back to joking around too much like he did in his Cleveland days. I want him angry again. Last year's playoffs' Lebron was one of the best I've seen since Shaq and Jordan. He was just determined and was the player everyone hoped he would be from day one.

I hope Lebron takes this and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Whether the calls were right, wrong... whether Lebron is in the right or wrong. I want him to have that chip on his shoulder so we can continue to see someone perform at a level of greatness.

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

watch those clips without JVG at the background commenting, for JVG, there is no fouls hard enough.

Anyway, that wrap around is nothing more than just trying to prevent the and 1. Kirk is trying to hold on for dear life but James just bull doze him over.

But I hate those type of fouls where once you jump up in the air, you move your hand across the body of the player you trying to defend, too many things can go wrong with body contact in the air. If you want to jump you keep your hand stretch UP, if not you should not be jumping at all.

6. Rocket Booster

You gotta be freaking kiddin' LeBron................

Is this guy serious though? REALLY?

7. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Don't use the word 'every'. Lots of good players don't flop at all.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

How come he hasn't received a fine yet???

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

ok did you not notice how harden tried to draw the foul on his game winning shot against the spurs? he very clearly tried to bump into leonard to get a foul call. He didn't get it. Don't be so hypocritical. Is flopping good? Not at all. Does everyone do it? Absolutely. Can we single out Lebron as the only on that does it? No. So shut up and stop trying to act like Lebron is the worst thing in basketball history, because guess what. He is one of the best.

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

what are you even complaining about? Are you questioning the degree of aggressiveness in those fouls against him? If you are, then you may need to watch the game a little closer.

11. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I would have had to laugh if hinrich was called for a flagrant foul after what looks like a Goldberg spear. Hell even hinrich's head bounced on the floor like a basketball. ,

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I thought those were hard fouls, maybe a bit unncessarily too hard but not enough to warrant a flagrant.

but I understand LeBron's point that why was his flagrant - which was far less excessive then those calls deemed a flagrant and not these.

in that context than the fouls committed on LeBron should be considered flagrants as well.

I think LeBron is harping on the consistency of the calls - the game was pretty physical all throughout and to then call a flagrant on a play that was a foul but nothing more - especially in that juncture of the game (late in the 4th) is just ridiculous. The refs themselves set the baseline to what kind of physical play would be allowed and what be tolerated early but what they did and did not call a foul and then a flagrant.

They really should not have then changed their mind for one play late in the fourth

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

LBJ isn't being soft, every game breaking superstar complains about those fouls. Shaq complained, Yao Ming complained and Dwight Howard in the watered down big-man NBA complained about it as well. It's because of two things:

1) Refs are human and not immune to classic conditioning. They get used to LBJ/Shaq/Yao getting hit while going to the bucket, and they don't call fouls as often. It's the same reason KM fades in the 4rth, the refs get used to seeing him flop and just allow the game to continue.

2) The game would be too boring if the refs called fouls every single play. Honestly Shaq, Yao and LBJ would score 50 pts a game just on fts if every legit foul was called. It's the same reason refs don't call travels in the NBA, it would slow the game down.

1 person likes this.
  14. kumakun

kumakun Member

Yeah but Jeremy Lin gets clobbered in the head and doesn't get called. Maybe flagrant ones should be called more often to discourage excessive contact. They smash Lin to the floor and he only gets a foul, a few of those and he'll end up with a concussion one day. Protect these players it is a professional sport.

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

Isn't that a traveling in first video? He steps once, then jumps on same feet, and make another step with other one. Looks interesting, not like I know all rules, but looks like a traveling for me :)

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pat Riley on Ainge "He needs to STFU." (more...)</p>&mdash; Kevin Arnovitz (@kevinarnovitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/kevinarnovitz/status/317762881607331840" data-datetime="2013-03-29T22:19:09+00:00">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Riley on Ainge (Con't): "He needs to STFU and manage his own team...."</p>&mdash; Kevin Arnovitz (@kevinarnovitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/kevinarnovitz/status/317763123715133441" data-datetime="2013-03-29T22:20:07+00:00">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Riley on Ainge (Con't): "He was the biggest whiner going when he was playing. I know that because I coached against him."</p>&mdash; Kevin Arnovitz (@kevinarnovitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/kevinarnovitz/status/317763387503304704" data-datetime="2013-03-29T22:21:09+00:00">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. likestohypeguy

But that's part of lebron's game. If you're that fast & strong & skilled to finish of course you're going to use it to your advantage. It's a basketball move for lebron, whereas a full on tackle takedown with both arms just because you don't have the size/skills/athleticism to get out of the way much less defend him is not, & has no place in the game.

If you can't take the Heat, get out of the kitchen.

1 person likes this.
  18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Well, Riles isn't wrong.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha, why is Riley so mad? (Y U SO MAD THOUGH!?)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Response from Danny Ainge to Riley: "We're both right. LeBron should stop complaining and I should manage my own team." <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23celtics">#celtics</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23heat">#heat</a></p>&mdash; gary washburn (@GwashNBAGlobe) <a href="https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe/status/317768604508631041">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. AXG

AXG Member

None of those were flagrant fouls. If anything, Hinrich took more of a hit than LeBron.