1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you missed his hand injury.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3-6, not 3-9. :rolleyes:

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

0-27

4. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

The great one king doesnt give excuses

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yet he mentioned it in the Post Presser. After done playing.

6. RESINator

RESINator Member

LeBum punched a whiteboard and making excuses again.

Not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 will it end at 6???

7. BigO

BigO Member

This is prime example how haters and mental r****ds come up once Lebron or any other great players (Harden, cp3, AD) and etc Their lives suck, so they thinking talking meaningless trash onto players on some website will make them better.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and roslolian like this.
  8. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I think a lot of it comes from their fans (sometimes themselves) giving them titles and statuses they don't deserve and making excuses for their underachievement.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I mistook this for the score of a Cowboys home game. Sorry.

Yea...that hurts. I will always be mad at that Rockets team for 0-27...legs or no legs.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Losing in the finals is still always better than losing before the finals.

If his finals record was 3-0 and he had lost in the ECF those 6 times, would he somehow be better??

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

someone posted this on reddit. with 23/7/8 in game 4, lebron just ended a streak of 10 straight 25/8/8 finals games. the record streak for someone other than lebron is 1 game.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

lebron's 23/7/8 game 4 also was bad enough to dip his playoff PER from 32.9 to 32.2, knocking him behind kareem's 1977 playoffs (32.4) to settle for only the third best playoff PER (min 300 minutes) in the shotclock era (lebron 2009 is #1 at 37.4).

13. hakeemthagreat

Bingo!! The thing is theres no middle ground with Lebron fans. Either you agree he's the GOAT or you're a hater lol. I think he's great player but just not top 5. His stats are through the roof, but he's CLEARLY scared of the moment. How can you compare him to MJ when he can't even guard KD?

KingLeoric likes this.
  14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

My point is the east has always been weaker. For the 6 times his team made it to the finals and lost, he would’ve not made it to the finals has he played in the west, and he would’ve only played in the finals 3 times.

This year for example, Warriors and Rockets were clearly much better, Cavs wouldnt even pass 2nd round if they were in the west.

15. BigO

BigO Member

everyone thought Cavs are trash, yet they beat Pacers who gave them all they could handle, as always chocking Raptors and Celtics would were better team just too young, yet non of this is good enough ? I mean, i'm not sure Harden or KD gets to the finals with that team, so who gives ?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You think Jordan playing against the Warriors could have guarded Durant? Maybe if he played against the Warriors in Jordan's own time. :p

roslolian likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

If you're the best player in the NBA and you're on stacked teams for like 10 years straight your finals record matters. He gets a pass for year Kyrie and Love got injured and this year his team was awful but all those other years he has no excuse.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh? He's on stacked teams but the teams he's faced are also stacked. The only time he lost a winnable series was Dallas, every time after that his team was unfavored to win.

Jordan spent 6 years not even getting out of the first round, how come he gets a pass for that but Lebron is getting flak for losing to a team with 2 MVPs and 2 other all stars? With Lebron his finals record matters but with Jordan his 6 straignt first round exits don't matter? Which is worse, losing in the first round or losing in the Finals? Jordan couldn't even make the Finals 7 times, isn't that worse than losing in the Finals?

Ok he had Kevin Love, that's 2 stars vs 4 LOL. When's the last time Jordan beat a team with more stars than his team?

20. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

A lot of Western Conference teams could have beaten him those years he had stacked teams as well. And I already gave him a pass for this year if you read my post. So making the finals a bunch of times in a weak eastern conference means very little to me when he very well could have lost to several west teams those years even though he was on a stacked team that he picked out himself.

Jordan lost a lot early on but every year he added to his game until the point nobody could stop him if the teams were evenly matched. He built his legacy on the back of hard work. Lebron got stopped plenty depsite being the best team on paper for many many years.