1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron- Asterick on Triple double

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Illmatic, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=AtbVnRBQl8Z6IT3saoBjgs.8vLYF?urn=nba,139191

One more time for the new comers: Two nights after Kobe's record-settin' 61 points at Madison Square Garden, LeBron James became the first player since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975 to record a triple-double in a game in which he also scored 50 or more points.

Or did he? Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn ...

Via The FanHouse, check out this clip of LeBron's questionably credited ninth rebound.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNmDcLwM4IQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNmDcLwM4IQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I wish there was a better camera angle of the play — something from the baseline would be mint — but from the view of my non-ergonomic office chair that rebound sure looks like it belonged to Cavaliers forward Ben Wallace.

As Pollakoff points out: Big Ben controls the board with one hand, and when David Lee gets a little too close for comfort, he flips it to LeBron. No, Wallace never actually squeezes the ball, but if you were the official scorer, sans bias, who would you credit it to: Ben or LeBron? Let's hear it.

2. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

Kobe's better.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That was Ben's rebound not that it takes away from Lebron's performance because that was just sick. Unfortunately, Kobe and Lebron's "kill at will" performances illustrate just how bad the Knicks are as much as they show how great Kobe and Lebron are.

These are not the Pat Riley, smash-mouth Knicks we all loved to hate back in the 90s. That's for sure.

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

From what I see, it doesnt look like ben wallace had control of the ball...but its hard to tell

5. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

laker fans whining. Can't they just appreciate a great performance from a player that's not kobe?

bunch of low lifes

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ben doesn't need to have control over it. If he tips it to LeBron, then I think the rebound is supposed to go to Ben.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

If you tip it to someone and they grab it, then the rebound belongs to whoever grabbed it. Its like how Yao tips it to scola and scola gets the credit for the rebound. Here it kind of looks like Ben one hand rebounded it and scooped it over to Lebron. It's hard to see but if that's what happened then the rebound belongs to Ben and not lebron.

8. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Rebound or not, LeBron is still a freak.

9. uci

uci Member

lol? anyone who points out something wrong in that "triple double" is a laker low life?

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is why things like triple-double aren't very meaningful. Why do you set the mark at 10? Why not 9 or 11? Is it that much difference whether LeBron got 9 rebounds or 10? It's still a great performance, still better than Kobe's IMO. The double digit thing is just an arbitrary standard.

11. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

because it looks better on paper

12. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Well, that would be a no... But you certainly are!

And yeah, it looks like that was Ben's rebound.

13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

as bad as isiah thomas was, he wouldn't have allowed that to happen. remember he threatened melo to stay away from the basket in that brawl game? dantoni blows.

14. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I think its a joke that kobe and lebron are allow to score or perform at a high level at the garden. Do the new york knicks and their fans care? I think its pathetic that every team that would face the knicks would be thinking that their star player would get a career high or something.

I think the knicks better start focusing on not letting any star player beat them like that. Too bad houston lost to the knick on their latest matchup. Neither of the big 3 came up with 61 points or 52 points and a triple double. -_-

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lebron is hands down the best player in the NBA.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Behind Kobe Bryant...

17. KingCheetah

Kobe is maybe in the top 5 still, but he is on the wrong side of thirty.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you? Me too!

4th quarter, I will take Kobe every time....

What happened when the Cavs played the Lakers earlier this year?
    Kobe happened...

I am a notorious Kobe hater, but Lebron has not taken his crown yet...

19. Steve_Francis_rules

One head to head meeting is not sufficient to give the benefit to either of them. I personally think that Lebron is the best player in the league, but on the last play of the game, I would still Kobe over him.

20. KingCheetah

At his age Kobe is only good for one quarter a game now anyways.