1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron and mav carter think race was factor in the summer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by showtang043, Sep 30, 2010.

1. dback816

dback816 Member

MJ's not the nicest person off the court either. I'm sure you are aware of that.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) they talk about brett farve (i never said he was not brought up), i'm just saying the coverage isn't as bad as it could be. if a black athlete was in the same situation as farve's, he would have been ripped to death. imagine a terrell owens (who made that public claim against farve in the first place). the national backlash against farve is nothing really. nothing. it should be worse b/c he's just as much of a douche as lebron.

2) you brought up a good point. i heard more about revis sitting out his training camp than farve. and revis sat out b/c of a contract negotation. farve sat out b/c of what? he wanted to? c'mon man. he should have been ripped to death for what he did b/c TO has been ripped to death for smaller things. and today, i still don't hear anything about farve and what he did, and how he's struggling now. it's not front page news.

3) look, lebron SHOULD have taken the heat for what he did. i'm not complaining about that. all i said in my original post was that a white athlete has done something comparable (farve flip flopping on retirement and made a mess nationally with that crap) and it wasn't a prolonged backlash like lebron is receiving now. secondly, is farve one of the most hated athletes in america? ALL THE HATED ATHLETES IN AMERICA IS BLACK.

you're telling me lebron is more hated for what he did than what ben roethlisberger did?

ben got suspended for 4 games. b/c that was his SECOND time getting caught. but yet that was a bleep in the national news. kobe is STILL getting hated on for his rape allegations.

are you serious race is not the issue. as a color citizen in america, i wish that wasn't the case. but it is. and it's sad.

3. t_mac1

he was suspended b/c the NFL warned him after the first time and they said he would be suspended if it happened again. the COVERAGE on his 2nd rape allegation was a joke.

btw, i don't seen ben in the list as one of the most hated. apparently, lebron changing teams or woods cheating his wife is worse than potentially raping on 2 girls. wonder why there buddy?

can you imagine kobe getting a second accuser?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dunno... I hate Kirilenko as much as I hate LerBon. I also hate Najera since his Dallas days.

My racism does not discriminate.

5. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

It's always going to be an issue while both sides make an issue of it, I don't mean to pick on you here but as the last post in this thread I am using it. I mean you complaining about black athletes being hated more than white doesn't help anything, can't we just agree all the people you mentioned are douches whether they are black or white?

I won't comment on sports I don't know about but in the NBA it is dominated by black players, more stars are black... so of course more attention is going to be on them! In fact there's another race issue the other way... how many white players do you think get passed up by the NBA because of their color and the assumption they cannot physically match it was a black player with the same attributes? Should we make a big issue out of this too? I find it interesting people say they wish race wasn't an issue but then do nothing to stamp it out and continue to make everything about race. No matter what color you are, Lebron was a douche... if say Steve Nash did the same thing after he won his MVP I am sure white people would still be giving him the hate Lebron got for it... I think you will find people hate arrogant attention seeking show offs more than they hate someone for the color of their skin.

6. t_mac1

i wish that isn't the case b/c EVERYONE can be douches, whether you are white, black, orange, or whatever. and i'm not talking about this board. i'm talking about nationally in general.

7. albuster

albuster Member

The race card is a very convenient excuse for foul ups and failures among certain minorities and it has reached the point of being disgusting. The white majority has had some of the most brutal and inhumane atrocities in the history of the US, but, at some point, especially after some landmark laws and changes in the society, the victims should also bear the responsibility for their actions and decisions.

James and his advisers are grasping for straws to seek scapegoats for their major blunders and, as often as the sun will rise, they blame all their failures on racism. Enough already, they have to take responsibility for their bad decisions.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the money made from "The Decision" was given to charity.

Get off his back.

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

But it will buy a pretty nice jacuzzi for LeBron to chill with Wade and Bosh after games with. And expensive swimming trunks for Wade so Bosh can feel comfortable on his new throne. These young black men are living the dream and the world is jealous.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah most slaves were black in america as well. There's a million ways to lose in the basketball shoes and on the field but when you have ownership over teams and markets... hence players per say at the end of the day it's business you don't really lose. Lebron just doesn't want to go through the hardships of reality but be looked at by the world as being a successful, happy and should be thankful and not complaining kind of person.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

LOL lets put Obama's face on the cover of one of the green US dollar bills.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I really have no issue about what Lebron said because I have it so many times. My question is what is he going to do about it? Keep putting basketballs in hoops? Exactly. If you going to take it to this level then just play basketball then why even say anything when at best you'll just win a championship then retire... that doesn't prove anything regarding to racial discrimination. What's the point.

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I dislike Dirk and Lebron equally.

14. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

That's the best rebuttal you've got? Perhaps these young black men are living just your dream, and you're jealous.

How does money have anything to do with camp James blaming the backlash of idiocy to racism?

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I guess race played a factor in Yao Ming's recent injuries?

16. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

If all the money made with "The Decision" was REALLY given to charity, none of it would have made it into Bron Bron's pockets. That's the real difference between real charity and PR stunts.

It's like if I held a charity event to support education for kids in need. Gave only a fraction of that away. And instead of giving it to inner city programs, I gave it to a community where the average wealth value per person is over $400,000. Then went ahead and said, people are a-holes and don't appreciate me because I'm a minority.

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

This post would be valid in a perfect world.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Big Ben is in candyland compared to abuse Lebron is getting and all he did was change teams.

Big Ben raped two girls....TWO!

19. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I know he is not a model citizen but I respect him for his accomplishments, Lebron has been getting Jordan like hype for getting swept in the finals when the East was weak that yr

How many times would Lebron make the second round if a lottery West team like the Clippers, Grizzlies drafted him???

20. MD_in_Training

This is ridiculous. When Lebron was the most loved sporting figure in the US, race wasn't an issue, but when he pulls a d-bag move and he's hated, suddenly it's racism? Give me a break, dude. You just can't have it both ways. You can't disregard racism in one scenario, then pull it out for another. It's like he thinks when everyone loved him they thought he was white, but when he pulled his stunt, people were like, "omg...look, Lebron is black!" *flames and pitchforks

The reason why the Lebron issue is so volatile is because the sheer magnitude of his celebrity. His free agency was the most talked about story for the past 2-3 years - to a point where it nearly eclipsed the actual Finals this year. When you pull douchery on such a grand scale, you'd be naive not to expect proportional hatred.

Just think about this. How many people gave a rat's ass or tuned into Favre announcing his first retirement? First return? Second retirement...
    And when you go onto the street, what percentage of people do you think would know who Ben Rothelisberger is?

And the reason why black athletes are hated more than white athletes is because black athletes are much more popular than white athletes to begin with.