1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron and mav carter think race was factor in the summer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by showtang043, Sep 30, 2010.

1. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

No, Kobe's rings didn't count because he got them as a sidekick, just like LeBron is willing to be. With the "decision", LeBron can no long be compared with all time great, even Stern wouldn't like that.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

race IS the issue.

if brett farve did this (and he did something just as bad w/ that damn retirement crap), the controversy lasted for a little bit. hell, farve didn't go to training camp this season and i didn't hear a thing. if a famous black athlete did that, it would be all over ESPN.

ben roethilisberger got into trouble w/ 2 girls, and yet kobe's fiasco was ALL OVER.

race is and always will be the issue. if lebron james was white, the backlash wouldn't be as bad. everyone knows that.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

If every athlete can raise 3 million dollars for charity by being a drama queen on TV, I would gladly welcome a NBA/NFL/MLB full of drama queens.

So yes, I'm glad Lebron left the way he did, because those charity money far outweighs whatever negative feeling I might have towards him.

4. mFt82

mFt82 Member

Nobody ever chastises Haiti for their race relations. Slavery existed there earlier and for a longer time period than in the US. You don't hear about it because there were so few survivors-- they literally worked their slaves to death. Notwithstanding the heinous treatment of people with black skin in Haiti the people with white skin in the US are still the biggots. I feel you, Lebron. Keep on hating when you're not getting everything you want right away you spoiled ****.

5. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

You're an idiot, I don't care if he wants to win a ring, players have left teams to be on better teams many times in the history of the NBA. This doesn't bother me at all and in fact I think it's great he wants to win now. What they don't do is hold a 1 hour special on ESPN and basically spit on their old team's face. Show some respect to the city that supported and paid your ass for 7 years.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Favre didn't have a one hour special on TV to announce his decision. Didn't Revis sit out most or all of training camp with the Jets with an existing contract? Favre news was on ESPN this summer more often than Revis.

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

He blamed the elbow "injury" that doctors couldn't find in MRI.

8. dback816

dback816 Member

Yea ok

9. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i wish i was black. if i did something douchey, i could discount your reaction to racism.
    Memo to lebron:
    Everyone just hates you for being a d.ick.

10. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Did somebody say d.ick.??
    [​IMG]

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

This really needs to be answered.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

This is very true.

Big Ben raped 2 girls in less than a year along with being a bad character guy in general....but its all swept under the rug. By the way where is the National Association for Women protesting Big Ben should be suspended for the whole year? Exactly!

Lebron is STILL taking heat for changing teams and white people buring jerseys ....smh

13. Raven

Raven Member

The first allegation occurred a year after the incident supposedly took place, so it smells like rotten eggs. Now, the second allegation definitely has legs, and Ben was suspended, because of it. Charges were dropped, probably because the accuser didn't want to go though the ordeal of a trial. BTW, Ben's rep is ruined. His endorsement and media opportunities are toast, and that's how it should be. He's hardly been forgiven for anything.

I just find it funny that the same White fans who made LeChoke a gazillionaire are now being accused of prejudice simply because they no longer like or admire a public figure who went of his way to be gigantic a-hole, and that's the difference. Fans think LeChoke played a joke on them, and teased them for his own amusement, and they're predictably irked about that.

14. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

im not talking about his rings not counting but the fact that he played his way from being the whipping boy to golden child with his 81 point game, playoff appearance with a scrub team, and then back2back championships.

Lebron should be trying to do the same if he wants to salvage his image. Not playing the blame game. (blaming racism). Of course race is a factor but it isn't the main factor. Yeah, of course if he was white, there would be less backlash but that's just the way our country or any country is. the majority race will catch more breaks than the minorities.

HOWEVER,

the backlash is mostly due to his actions, failure to live up to his given position as "king" and attitude. not so much his race. c'mon the whitest people in the NBA are black. Shane Battier, Kevin Martin, Grant Hill, Joe Johnson anyone?

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

are you serious??

I heard a lot of people in the media wondering why he doesnt show up to training camp, right now, with brett favre struggling, people say that he is not connected with his receivers, and he is not playing well, because he missed the training camp.

Darelle Revis sit out all the training camp and the preseason.
    Vincent Jackson doesnt want to play with the Chargers because he is unhappy.

Shaq was never hated for joining the Heat with Wade, and winning a championship with the Heat.

Jordan and Magic had complained about the Lebron situation, are they racists too? :confused:

media reporters are black and are against lebron against decision.

so race IS NOT the issue.

16. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

respect

17. mFt82

mFt82 Member

the backlash is mostly due to his actions, failure to live up to his given position as "king" and attitude. not so much his race. c'mon the whitest people in the NBA are black. Shane Battier, Kevin Martin, Grant Hill, Joe Johnson anyone?[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean "blacklash"?

18. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I hate Lebron more than any other athlete in sports. I dont like Kobe all that much either, but I respect his accomplishments. He is the closest player to Jordan I have seen. But all this crap about Lebron being the next MJ, or that he will pass MJ, pisses me off as I find it disrespectful to compare that prick to MJ.

He has accomplished nothing other than making the playoffs in an extremely week conference and getting swept. If a west team drafted him, I think he would be in the same boat as Tmac struggling to get out of the first round.

The guy is a moron, egotistical, immature, and selfish. The s*** he says sometimes is so r****ded. I hope the prick has an injury plagued career.

19. aggie87

aggie87 Member

Im just letting out my frustration after seeing the Ags lose against Okie Lite

20. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Everythin you said hit the target.I agree on everythin you said 100%