1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron and mav carter think race was factor in the summer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by showtang043, Sep 30, 2010.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

First off, Brett Favre has gone through an entire career (and then some). He's never tried to imply that he's something he's not. He's worn his heart on his sleeve at all times. Does that excuse the actions he's taken over the past three years? No, but I think a lot of people are willing to overlook them because they know he just wants to play football. And when he was on the football field, he sure as hell wasn't giving up when things were gloomy.

LeBron, on the other hand, went season after season saying he'd stay in Cleveland until he brought them a title. The Cavs tried to meet his every need the entire time, almost to the point where he was pretty much co-GM. How did he repay them? By pretty much giving up on them in the playoffs and then hardly even talking to them once Free Agency hit. Then he scheduled an hour long special where he was basically throwing it in Cleveland's face that he was going elsewhere.

I don't know... that's a pretty major difference between the two.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. And even Favre has also taken a hit, even though Lebron is a far bigger douchebag than him. Let's not forget, Lebron never kept his word to bring a 'ship to Cleveland.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Favre was a champion before he started his douchebaggery. lebron wasnt.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

Favre is more of an attention w**** than LeBron though

5. Tesla

Tesla Member

Oh, he promised to bring a championship to Cleveland and then failed to deliver; big effing deal. Athletes make stupid promises all the time, and LeBron is just another athlete who should be appreciated for what he does on the floor instead of having every comment he says to media scrutinized.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

And Favre was a drunk at buckhead before he became a Champion.

I guess people forget that Brett Favre partied his way out of a Atlanta.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Word so if LeBron had stayed in Cleveland his whole career, got traded because he wasn't good anymore or just retired does that mean he should still be hated on because he failed to deliver a championship to Cleveland?

8. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

people dont like lebron because he's an a-hole for breaking up with cleaveland the way he did. and yes people he did get paid for announcing he got a percentage kick back from the commercials that were broadcasted when the special aired i
    since the age he could dunk everyone has bended the rules for him
    baby cries they give him what ever he wants
    i think the whole cleveland thing was just the last straw for people so know all the wrong he did, hes been called out on it
    He can never be like mj,hakeem,russell,majic
    he aint go no heart the attention and all the babying he gets is his down fall every time things get tough he blames others or quits people dont like lebron because of who he is not what he is

9. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

people dont like lebron because he's an a-hole for breaking up with cleaveland the way he did. and yes people he did get paid for announcing he got a percentage kick back from the commercials that were broadcasted when the special aired i
    since the age he could dunk everyone has bended the rules for him
    baby cries they give him what ever he wants
    i think the whole cleveland thing was just the last straw for people so know all the wrong he did, hes been called out on it
    He can never be like mj,hakeem,russell,majic
    he aint go no heart the attention and all the babying he gets is his down fall every time things get tough he blames others or quits people dont like lebron because hes a clown and he will never win a championship
    the basketball gods will make sure of it

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

This is news to me.

Link me to where LeBron has blamed his teammates.

11. donnie25od

donnie25od Member

Damn man, gimmie some of what you're smoking. Almost all the stars in the NBA are black (kobe, wade, paul, anthony, etc. etc.)

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

People are quick to forgive when you are a proven champion. If Lebron had won at least one ring in Cleveland then the backlash wouldnt be as bad. Anyway, they're trying the race card to make people feel sorry for lebron. They should just leave it be and win a championship in Miami. Then things will die down. Greatness overshadows all vices and past transgressions.

13. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

never did i say teamates idiot
    but yes he has blamed gms and him leaving cleaveland says hes teamates are **** and he couldnt win with them other wise he would have stayed

kiss lebrons ass on your own time please dont waste mine

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol @ kiss lebron's ass . How is me asking for a link kissing his ass?

You still haven't provided a link to him pointing blame as to why he didn't win a title in Cleveland.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

I agree the race card is lame.

I don't even know where the Brett Fave discussion came in. I just decided to add on that Favre wasn't exactly a Saint for the team that drafted him.

16. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Lebron and Farve are both D Bags IMO.

Just like Pippen, Boozer, and Kobe before them. It's not what they do or say, it's how they do or say it.

17. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

For years, Kobe's rings didn't count, even he could score 81 in a game. I don't see significant change here.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

thats what im talking about. Kobe was in siberia b/c of the rape case and the dynasty being broken up until he scored 81 and willed a bunch of scrubs into the playoffs. after that, he got his endorsements back and became the NBA's golden child. i dont see why it wouldnt be different for Lebron.

19. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The ESPN people only live on his property every summer he didn't need a special for them to know where he was going all they had to do was follow him.

20. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Blame the media because they wanted the "decision"?
    Tons of famous players had changed team. Many are more successful than LeBron and why didn't media crave for "decision"?