1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League Pass - - What the he11

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Der Rabbi, Nov 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Finally broke down & bought league pass. I was under the impression that is showed all non local or ESPN broadcast games. Rockets aren't on tonite. What gives? Is it b/c it's on NBA TV? That's BS. I don't get that!

2. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

First off, not all games are on the league pass. There are some games that are not televised anywhere. Very few, but a couple each season.

Second, blame your cable company for not having NBATV. Call them and complain.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I'm not sure what your complaint is. For satellite, NBA TV comes free with League Pass. Is that not the case for cable?

4. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

League Pass will not show NBA-TV games. Time Warner has NBA-TV now, but you have to pay a small amount for it. Ask your cable company if they have it.

Just the NBA's way of squeezing more $$ out of you and me...

5. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Oh well I don't have Time Warner I have Grande. I suppose I'll trade missing 2 or 3 Rox games this year for a cheaper cable bill & the ability to withhold my $ from the Beast Time Warner.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm, Der Rabbi....they said the game will be shown on the channel NBA TV.

According to channel 601 (NBATV) on Directv.com, it says:

Nov 04 07:30 pm

Rockets @ Nets

"Houston Rockets @ New Jersey Nets"

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Also the Rockets are scheduled to be on NBA TV

SEVEN times this year

NBA TV LINK

DD

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

INSIDE TICKET (Audio) -- WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?

They now charge $10/month! Total ****ing ripoff. There's no way to pay for the entire season.

Last year's cost for the whole season was $30.

The MLB Audio for this past season was $10 for the entire year. The MLB Webcast was $80 for the entire year.

So again, I ask, WTF??!?!?! Does anybody know of a way to at least purchase it for the whole season?!?!?!

9. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

No, it's not. I missed yesterday's game too because on teh channel that's called NBATV, all they showed was that ridiculous, non-stop commercial for League Pass w/ Walton. I was very disapointed. I was looking forward to watching that game...

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i got to watch it. seven games on NBATV is pretty kick ass. i'll be able to catch about 1/3 of the season w/ no local coverage.

i got to watch about 6 or 7 games all year last year, so this is a pleasant change. and by pleasant i mean farking awesome.

11. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

There seems to be a huge confusion over the NBA League Pass preview channel and the NBATV channel. But I agree that this is just the NBA trying to suck more money from the public.