1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League Pass on DirectTv

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Oct 7, 2013.

1. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

First off before I begin. **** CSN Houston and anyone who is involved with keeping paying customers from watching games on TV. I'm calling direct TV and asking them if I'm going to be blacked out from watching the Rockets this year and they can't really give me a crystal clear answer. I live in south Texas and the local team is the San Antonio Spurs. Last year I ordered league pass through time warner cable and was able to watch every Rockets game. So I was a bit more at ease about the possibility of the games not being blacked out on direct tv. So I'm flipping through the channels on Saturday and see that the Rockets and Pelicans were going to be shown on league pass naturally I cross my fingers and hope that for some reason they air the game even after being told they don't air preseason games by the direct tv people. So I put it on and it tells me it's blacked out... Fine maybe it's because it's just preseason. So today I flip the channels over to the NBA league pass channels and they are showing every single preseason game that's out of Texas. I call direct tv to say wtf and they tell me it's up to the owner to make the choice of not blaming the game out and I may get some games and may not get some games. I don't know if it's just people who don't know **** at direct tv or CSN is going to **** block me from watching the Rockets games this year. If that's the case **** CSN and whoever is involved with this whole dilemma. Is anyone from Texas a (non) Houston market and ordered league pass on direct tv?

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just wait till the free preview week.

You will be able to tell.

3. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I already ordered but they told me that I could cancel on or before nov 5

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That's weird. Is your billing address from Houston on you DirecTV account?

Btw, don't believe reps who are telling you they aren't airing pre-season games. I watched BOS-TOR & CSKA and Minnesota just now on DirecTV. However, I am in Houston so it's naturally blocked out for me. I just order the TV version so I can watch other teams, and use the free broadband log-in with a VPN to get my Rockets fix.

5. dvr4me

dvr4me Contributing Member

We had it last year-we live 1 hour from Houston and ALL Rockets games on League Pass and NBA TV were blacked out!!

6. Scionxa

League Pass now has a black-out finder by entering your zip code

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/

It's on bottom left

1 person likes this.
  7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

are you sure the LP broadcasts preseason games?

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't have blackout issues in D/FW when watching Rockets games on DirecTV League Pass. The preseason game was televised. To me, it makes no sense that your local team that gets the coverage is the San Antonio Spurs yet they still black out Rockets games. How can you be considered part of the San Antonio market and they still black out Rockets games? That would be like them blacking out Rockets games where I am in the Dallas market. It must be strictly a stupid geography thing that makes no sense except to the idiots who set it up.

9. Scionxa

LPBB claims they don't. League Pass on TV definitely is working on DirecTV. I watched almost every game that was on last night via League Pass and NBATV.

The channels are in the 700's for DTV.

10. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

According to the blackout search I won't be watching Rockets games this year. It's pretty messed up the I'm blacked out to both the Spurs and the Rockets despite San Antonio being the local market. If CSN Houston would make a deal with direct tv it would just be great. *uck You And *uck the Crane.