1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League Pass/ LP Broadband 2012-2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by across110thstreet, Oct 1, 2012.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

and so it begins. the confirmation email has arrived and the prices have been set. we will complain about the auto enroll, threaten to cancel, and ultimately give in to the newer prices because we are Rockets and NBA fanatics...

TV/Broadband/Mobile- $179 early bird pricing through cable company

Broadband(all 30 teams)- 5 installments of $39.99 or $179 early bird

Broadband Choice (5 teams)-5 installments of $26.99 or $119.99 early bird

Mobile- $49.99 early bird pricing, Sprint Customers pay only $39.99 with the Free NBA Mobile app

depending on what platforms users have, obviously the best choice would be the package deal for all three cable/broadband/mobile for the same price as the full Broadband package.

but if you are a cheap s.o.b. like me you will go with the choice package and choose 4 other teams besides the Rockets and be happy with the broadband- hopefully they worked on any glitches and made improvements from last year. I also have the Sprint NBA app, and if it is the same as last year, even without the Mobile plan they feature audio for all 30 teams (listening to Craig Ackerman- does he have a partner yet?) and they air ESPN games through their platform...

my preliminary team choices would be Knicks, Heat, Wolves, and Hornets for kicks and giggles

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Why not the option of following just one team and get CSN Houston on broadband 24/7?? Does CSN actually offer any international broadband package?

3. across110thstreet

CSN offers no broadband package because it's run through the league. I'm not even sure everyone in Houston is going to get CSN through all the cable companies once it launches... (?)

but I've always wanted the option of a ONE team package for die-hard out of market fans of their hometown or favorite team.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Ah okay, however for international fans it's only a nba tv package or full 30 team package at $179. Does this package include pre-game, half time and post game coverage / interviews and other stuff or you just have to be happy with what you get a few minutes before game time and afterwards, perhaps halftime show?

5. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I've gotten LPBB premium for the last two seasons but I think I'll settle for choice this time around and just put the rockets and 4 random other ones... timberwolves, spurs, new orleans, cleveland?

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

you mean nba league pass here?
    http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe

if so, then there was no halftime / pregame shows the last few years, just game broadcast + usually player intros before the game (couple minutes), but not always.
    Also, all star weekend events.

It's a pretty rough broadcast, unlike the one you get on TV. Sometimes you even get to hear broadcasters rehearsing / planning jokes / saying some not-for-TV stuff and such.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

a lot of overlapping there, 3 teams same division.
    if you replace New Orleans with the Knicks or such, you are still going to get ~15 New Orleans games. depends on how much of them you want to see..
    i'd take a team or two in the Atlantic, that division is going to be fun.

8. across110thstreet

not a bad idea Donatas.

but acshen are you in H-town? wouldn't the blackout rule apply to you?

NL Rocket- I don't know how International works but I imagine they just pipe in one of the two local feeds of the teams playing each night, like they already do on league pass and NBAtv for that matter... I don't think they have updated their link yet.

does NBAtv have a play by play team yet specifically for their network?

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Or you can listen to the radio broadcast or the free LP audio or cable streaming sites like I do.

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I went with Houston, OKC, Miami, Brooklyn, Phoenix.

11. gah

gah Member

I've done both before shelling out for league pass broadband last year, and I got to say, nothing beats having on demand access to the games, not to mention the quality of the stream. I would recommend the sacrifice to fellow international fans who are on the fence.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

definitely, league pass kicks ass. pricy, but oh well. if you like to watch a ton of games, well worth it. if you are more of a multiple sports guy, maybe not.

13. gah

gah Member

Today was the final day to use a 15% off coupon that they sent me so I just went ahead and subscribed. Will the preseason games be up there?

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i signed up after the preseason the last time, so i'm not sure. they were available the year before that, though.

1 person likes this.
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How much more does it cost after this limited time offer? 179$ right now, I forgot how much more it costs if I buy like in November.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I just want to make sure I will be able to see the Rockets on DTV even though they won't have CSN Houston... LP is a necessity for me... and I like it on my big tv :)

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't mind my question, I just bought if for Fs sake. Nothin better in boring University classes, prevented me from falling asleep every day.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

It's 179 until November 6th.

From 11/6 to 12/15 it is $189.

From 12/15 to the first week of January it is on holiday special for $159.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LP is awesome but I'll never get it again.

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I think I'm going to have to get it.. In Beaumont, very small chance we get CSN, and I have to watch basketball..