1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

League Pass Broadband

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dockerland, Nov 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Has anyone got a League Pass account that they are willing to sell the broadband section too? Living in Australia makes it impossible to see the games so I am willing to pay for this option. If anyone is interested send me an email at cameronk@iinet.net.au

2. matty101

matty101 Member

Dockerland, im pretty sure you helped me out last time i needed help with nbalp. Thanks to your advice i was able to link up with someone but im not sure if he wants to go 3 way. There is a thread though in the Buy/Sell forum, i suggest you go there.

Goodluck

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Do they not have broadband international anymore. last year if you lived outside of the US, you could buy the broadband package separately.

4. dockerland

They are saying at this stage they will review it in December before the decide if they will offer it again :( I can't wait that long without my nba fix :D

5. dream2franchise

Man i was gutted when i realised i couldn't get leaguepass as well, i'll hold out until i know exactly what is happening with it, it seems strange that they wouldn't offer it, i wonder what the reason was?

6. dockerland

I have no idea for the reasoning. It is so handy when you are working during the day when the games are on and you can come home and watch it straight away without knowing the result. Hopefully they sort it out ASAP.

7. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

aussies help aussies out when they're need...so here i am...i couldnt help but feel guilty if i didnt share my account with you...so i'm writing you an email at the moment... :)

8. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

sorry mate...just found out they cancelled my account... :eek:

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

League Pass is not worth a flip anymore. To get the Trailblazers and Mavericks game I had to buy NBA Live -- another package altogether -- because League Pass doesn't have all the Rockets games. Direct TV seems to be a much better bargain in this regard.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I live in the states and helped out an Aussie last year with the broadband, but he said it WOULDNT WORK for him, kept redirecting him to the international page...Might be better this year but just a heads up that it might not work

11. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

This is bad news, I have never had league pass but was considering it because we no longer get FSN at my parent's house in Houston, so my slingbox is now worthless.

How many Rockets games does League Pass miss? Is there a list of games League Pass will have covered?

12. playlife

playlife Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/schedule/

13. YAOston

YAOston Member

There should be an option where you can just have one team leauge pass. id rather just pay 50 bucks and watch all the rockets games rather than paying 160 for the other teams.

14. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Ah, of course nba.com/rockets/schedule, I should have known to check there. Thanks. From the looks of it, the only rox games missed by LP are nationally televised games and only a handful that are on NBA TV. It still seems worth it to me, seeing as you would get over 70 of the games.

Were the Mavs, Blazers games designated for NBA TV?

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

yes they were.. but, that schedule for NBALP is only valid.. and only applies to you.. if you live outside of Houston.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Both those games were on NBA TV, yes.

Also, if you were to get the broadband part from someone in say, New York, when the Rockets play the Knicks or possibly the Nets the game would be blacked out. So depending on the area the person's in there's an additional 2 to 6 games that can't be watched. I'm in L.A. so all games agains the Lakers and Clipper games would be blacked out.

17. dream2franchise

Yep that was me dude :) that's exactly what happened, only this year having an intl page makes no difference at all.

18. ahmedqman

ahmedqman Member

I'll also gladly pay for broadband access (I don't have cable TV here). I'm in the US though.

19. mavenbomb

mavenbomb New Member

This Broadband thing is crazy. I live in Canada and want to be able to watch the games. I am willing to pay and all of that but NBA.com told me it isnt available in Canada because on the west coast we don't get DISH or DIRECT TV. I was watching the free preview online here no problem while it lasted.I know the NBA isn't desperate for money but you would think they would want to maximize their earning potential. For once it seems like the NBA should follow the MLB and have a similar online viewing experience for fans world-wide. Can anyone help me out with this please? I'm happy to chip in my portion. I am nervous to have fifty people in on one account though. Thanks!