1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League fires Rockets/NBA photographer, removes him from the Bubble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 14, 2020.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed! If we are not allowed to slander Kamala Harris then we sure as hell should not be allowed to slander the current president. I'm not saying I like the current guy in office but Bill Baptist has the right to an opinion. Good Luck Bill Baptist.
    F* twitter and all social media and F* the sensitive people.

Tfor3 and s3ts like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh lord. I love when people play the im blind to the Discrimination card lol. So calling someone a bum is the same as called someone a hoe....or a monkey that is a black person..when you play oh what are u talking but its no racism card it kind of reveals who u are honestly

gfab-babyboi and D-rock like this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Actually no one said it was racist lmao...the word you looking for is sexist...which it is.

gfab-babyboi, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

I heard Amazon hiring.

Nook likes this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

This guy called it racist.

And if calling someone a hoe is sexist then calling someone a bum is elitist.

Obviously there is real racism and real sexism out there. But when we start to nitpick and police every word people use under the guise of racism/sexism that's when we get to what we have today - fascism.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Someone did call it racist though

7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again ill repeat a man got fired for tweeting a gun to a horse emoji...n people was more understanding why they let him go lol...this a whole real person

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Two wrongs don't make a right. That social media guy shouldn't have been fired either.

And if someone tweeted a gun emoji at Kamala then I would wholeheartedly agree they should be fired. He just called her a hoe. In fact he didn't even, just posted a meme that had the word hoe in it, that he may or may not have even made himself.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I agree... he should have known better.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Companies are in no obligation to keep him either. If a firm wants to keep an image then that is their call to make. A company's reputation matters and certain negative aspect can change their financials immediately which can harm other employees in the process. Remember Crossfit CEO had to step down? Also, no one is trying to change his views. But if he wants to work for a company that requires certain conduct then he has to live with the consequences for his actions even outside the company. Period! Besides his skill is expendable so strictly from a career point of view, he should have known better.

Also, "freedom of speech" these days is being simply abused and certain people fail to realize the difference between Freedom of Speech and hate speech.

#70 Magicsaint, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

“You hate to see it”

Nook likes this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

boomer big mad

cbass, D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tilman knew he could hire a younger photographer for pennies on the dollar. He just needed an excuse.

jiggyfly and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

TIL that using a meme that calls someone a "hoe" is "racist" and now "hate speech". Teach me more pls.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

completely valid firing

D-rock likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Which is worse? Woj using the F word to a politician in company email or this dude posting something like this about a politician on FB?

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm at least glad that clutchfans exist so I can post how I feel without reprimand.

People who take photos for a living must be living the dream. It does take someone dumb to blow that away for some stupid social media meme.

Honestly, people need to have some level of responsibility to others to confront someone away from social media. Nobody should feel proud of being a snitch like this.

People need to realize quickly that its so much easier to destroy than to build things up.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If he said Biden or Harris was a bum, he'd still be employed.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What on earth does that have to do with HIS PHOTOGRAPHY which is what he gives to the NBA in exchange for money??

Can we all just agree that working for a company doesn't mean that that company endorses anything you do in your own time? Can we just make that the default ffs. I don't understand why your country is suddenly ramping up censorship of the most modern kind (trust me, I am a media professional in the middle east, consider me an expert in censorship navigation). You guys are just going in a very messed up direction man. tf.

Poor guy losing his career of photography over his silly political views/humor. They could have decided to warn/fine him publicly.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Some of these responses are over the top.

Calling the vice presidential nominee a “Hoe” is sexist and he did it in a public forum.... he also is employed in a field where WNBA players are involved.... it isn’t shocking at all that the man was fired.

I really hate people losing their jobs but this was very stupid.... and he wasn’t let go because he is a Republican... he was let go because he was was publicly sexist and his claim it doesn’t reflect his values rings hollow.

BMoney, YOLO, yixiixiy and 2 others like this.