1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lawsuit] Bynum v. Neighbors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bynum -- a former member of the L.A. Lakers -- claims that ever since he moved into his fancy home in Westchester, CA more than 7 years ago, he's been constantly harassed by his neighbors, Ramond and Cindy Beckett.

According to his lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Bynum says ... the Becketts have objected to his "profession, his race, his friends, his cars and his taste in music."

Bynum claims the Becketts have behaved like petulant children -- throwing coins at his Ferrari (which chipped the paint), screaming at him about his music, and even banging the side of his house with "a long stick."

But the Becketts quickly responded to the lawsuit with a countersuiit of their own -- TRASHING Bynum as the neighbor from hell who only sued them to preemptively strike against the lawsuit they had been planning.

In their legal docs, the Becketts UNLOAD on the NBA star -- claiming he's guilty of the following misdeeds:

-- brandishing FIREARMS in an attempt to intimidate the Becketts
    -- "apparently" using drugs and allowing weed smoke to drift next door
    -- blasting loud, profane rap music (including the song "Currency" by Trina)
    -- blasting his video games at "window-shaking volumes"
    -- letting his dogs run loose through the neighborhood
    -- constantly racing his luxury cars at dangerous speeds

Bynum has denied the allegations ... and according to docs filed by Andrew, the Becketts have sold their house since the lawsuit was filed ... so they're no longer neighbors.

We reached to both sides -- no word back from either.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/29/andre...drugs-racism-neighbors-beckett/#ixzz2DdI3jgy4

2. Awesome

Awesome Member

I know about westchester.. stayed near there and hung out there some quite a bit.

Some people in the area are racist. Its pretty quiet in residential areas for the most part, streets are small in most of the areas so anyone on any block knows who's on their block.

That said, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle on this one. I don't think that family is being totally honest here.

We were popping fireworks at a friends house there, not just us but neighbors all up the block, on the 4th of July. The cops came through and made everyone stop.

I said that to say, the police have a pretty good handle on what goes on out there, so for these folks to say that he continually did all of this stuff and never had the cops come out or stop it is a lie.

Oh year we finished as soon as they left, but it was the 4th of July they didn't come back.. they were just making sure we weren't popping any illegal stuff since some are in California

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

On one hand, I think the Becketts are probably pissed at spending all that money to get away from black people, they end up living next to one. And for that matter, they got Bynum instead of someone like Battier.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure Bynum did all the childish things stated in the lawsuit, likely repeatedly.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. SunsRocketsfan

agreed...

wish we could find some pics of the Becketts :)

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why did he wait 7 years?

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Well put..

8. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

LOL Bynum seems like he'd be a fun dude to chill with

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

So was this guy injuring himself racing cars all along, the way Lakers fans always suspected?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He sure his neighbor isn't Greg Oden?

11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I thought he still lived with his Mom.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Probably, but I don't see filing a lawsuit as the solution to any of their complaints.

Brandish a gun? File a criminal complaint. Blasting music? Call cops to come enforce the noise ordinance. Video game, same thing. Dogs loose on the street? Have the pound come pick them up. Driving too fast? Have the HOA put in speedbumps. Actually the HOA can give him a bunch of crap on a bunch of those. I don't see those things as anything I'd award civil penalties for even if they were proved to be true.

Bynum's complaints -- aside from chipping the paint on his Ferrari, which ain't cool -- are just as specious. Bynum should consider buying a place that's got a lot of real estate so he doesn't annoy people.

13. senter

senter Member

I went to LMU, which is the college right by where he lives. My friend used to live on his street actually. He said he was always pretty cool and waved back to people

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

More like she lives with him.

Makin' him Sunny D and peanut butter sandwiches after a long day spent flashing assault rifles at the neighbors.