1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I believe there's a better basketballlaholic quote... something like "Morey has no interest in Ty Lawson's contract at any price..." sorry, im too lazy to look for it.... lol

2. bongman

bongman Member

We will also probably have a high 20's pick next year while Denver will have a low 2nd round pick. Almost a wash. In addition, we don't have to guarantee that 2nd round contract.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I already quoted it in another thread, but here it is:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=9923097&postcount=157

I snipped some irrelevant stuff out of there to make it more Lawson-centric.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yep, it just amazes me how he continues to post as if his opinions are absolute facts. He talks down to other posters who have a different opinion than him on a fairly consistent basis. He will never learn his lesson though.

5. split41

split41 Member

Haha, I'm waiting :p. So this is the story I've found so far:

This Chronological order of recent BBholic comments

Pre-Lawson Trade

justtxyank already quoted above

Post Lawson Trade

Then has remained completely silent. He's got no answer, can't defend that. Love to see what he says, though, haha.

6. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This idiot needs his own thread. seriously though, all he's looking for is attention

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That was a response to me, and I want to clarify to Basketballhollic, that he was in fact WRONG about Parsons. He tried to play it off with he conveniently forgets that he was not only saying that Parsons wouldn't be traded, he also said multiple times that Parsons wasn't going anywhere. He was wrong, never owned up to it.

Dude needs to admit he was and has been wrong, and cut his **** where he runs around telling everybody that they are wrong and that he is right because he has inside sources. Isn't it against the rules here to claim inside sources that are consistently false as well? Plowman, who is a pleasant poster, completely stopped posting anything "insider related" after he was wrong, and he didn't even chastise people who had different opinions then his "sources" like bballholic does.

8. basketballholic

Split....eat it.

1 person likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I give Bbalhollic credit on this one (Lawson non guaranteed contract) , he called it early and and a legit source that came through.

10. basketballholic

ThatboyNick.....eat my dust. You gonna call me out. I'll call you out.

My only wish is that when I put you on ignore that you couldn't read anything I post.

11. basketballholic

Crash....don't change your signature now. Remember, why you put it out there. ;)

12. basketballholic

You have hit my ignore list. And reported for the "idiot" remarks. Totally uncalled for.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

That was after all was said and done, if it happened at all. jopat was right about Parsons but it's not especially impressive as everything he wrote about Parsons was public knowledge at the time he wrote it. Couldn't believe that Romney bet thread that was posted yesterday. I didn't think it was possible for jopat to be more wrong than he is on basketball in politics but boy was he. Dude is just wrong about everything apparently. It wouldn't be so annoying if he wasn't so arrogant and 100% in everything he posted and refused to acknowledge ever being wrong though he has been so often. It was ticklish as hell to see him lecturing Obama supporters about how there was no chance he could win even while every poll made it obvious he had it in the bag. Typical jopat.

14. basketballholic

Same here. Reported and ignored.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Seriously?

I just gave you props directly above your post and your going to be a dick, nice. You where still wrong about Parsons, you came through on the Lawson contract thing and I respect that. But your attitude and how you chastise people on this board for having different opinions still isn't cool.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

That one's pretty on-the-nose actually.

17. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

bballholic (supposedly) put me on ignore about a month or so after I joined, mostly because I called out how terrible his logic was and how he often had ludicrous ideas he could not support. His attitude has always been poor, too...I actually thought he got better about a yr ago, reading some of his posts, at least as far as his attitude was concerned, but now it's dipped again.

People are wrong on these boards all the time, but bballholic's patronizing attitude...smh...

18. basketballholic

No comment. What's yours?

19. basketballholic

That's the way we roll here Nick. We give props when people are right.

But ...... until they are right..........we give them crap.

When you're right I'll give you props. Why should it be ok for you to call names and make disparaging comments and then get bent out of shape because I call you on your crap?? Double standard bro.

If you don't want this...................then don't do it.

You don't have to agree with what I post. I have no problem with you disagreeing and telling me so. The problem is when you and many others get on a rampage and just post personal attacks against me or any other poster, just calling names like "idiot" and worse and cluttering up the board with non-basketball, non-rockets talk. You dilute the quality of the thread conversations.

And I'm taking this opportunity to point it out to you. Posters complain that I'm arrogant. I'm not. I let so much stuff just slide off my back like water. Because it doesn't bother me. I'm only making issue now in hopes that some posters such as yourself catch a revelation of how you clutter up the board with trash instead of just talking basketball and having civil discussions.

I don't care whether you think I have sources or not. I don't care whether you believe me or not. I don't even care what you think about me or not. What I do care about is you and other posters changing your schtick and talking about basketball instead of engaging in personal attacks on posters you disagree with.

#719 basketballholic, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  20. basketballholic

Whatchu want here? Dig?