1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. micah1j

micah1j Member

No. But they are considering revoking his bail for the Denver DUI. I can see him doing some time and rehab very soon though.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah. I'll take a flyer on him if he gets waived.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There is ZERO chance the Nuggets will waive Lawson, barring something else happening or revealed such an assault or domestic violence charge or equivalent.

The nuggets were asking for top 7 lottery picks for Lawson prior to the draft. You dont go from asking top dollars to waiving a player due to another DUI charge.

No doubt Lawson is making some bad decisions, but a suspected DUI and a bad trivial post on social media doesn't equate to a breakdown.

4. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

lawson will get waived, so rockets dont need to trade for him. they can pick him up after he clears waivers assuming he wants to play for rockets.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LOL... too funny....:grin:

6. cdain3

cdain3 Member

He's gonna take a Josh Smith deal or get nothing.

7. MistaK

MistaK Member

Doubt he gets waived - Denver can just try to trade him and will at least get something back! And if they do in fact waive him - i can't see him clearing waivers

8. basketballholic

It isn't. You can't even do it by the trade rules. Gotta send back something. And that future second for Dudley....it isn't junk.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, get nothing from us, but someone will pay him.....probably Dallas. If he is waived there's very little chance he becomes a Rocket, pretty much the only way it happens is by trade. Other than that, we just hold out hope that he doesn't like money and really wants to play here.

10. malakas

malakas Member

for a one year contract small ? Not happening. He will just go somewhere else

11. malakas

malakas Member

ohyes you mean technically??? Of course you have to send something back. Rights to players drafted in 1999 or a heavilly protected second rounder. When I said nothing I meant "assets" like this that have nil value. But within the rules yes you have to send something back. It's in the cba
    But in essence these players are traded for absolutely nothing into capspace.

All I hread about the Dudley trade is a top 55 protected second and that's nothing to me. Pure Garbage.

12. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Who fits?

13. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It's almost like he's trying to get waived...

[​IMG]

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Who with more than MLE would do that?

15. basketballholic

Pretty sure that's wrong. It's a heavily protected first that will most likely be a second but not top 55 protected. That's what was told to me.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree Lawson is gonna go for the most money, he nothing like the smith situation. Josh isn't a bad guy he doesn't get in trouble, he's a family man doesn't party and does a lot of charitable contributions with his off time.

Ty doesn't strike me as that type of guy he's smoking hooka on Instagram and dogging his own team on social media. If you wanna smoke weed fine but don't blast it on social media for everyone to see don't stumble out the club drunk like Ty. Seriously this guy needs to get it together or he will get black balled from the league. Plenty players better than him have had it happend this ain't the nfl, NBA rarely gives 2nd chances for dumb behavior, especially when your throwing your own team under the bus.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I also don't see why Denver would waive him. He's a good basketball player and he will eventually emerge from his troubles and his reputation will improve. In the meantime, it's not like he's hurting their title hopes or something. I'd tell him he's hurt his value too much by getting arrested and the team can't accommodate his trade request right now given his talent, his market value, and his salary. If he keeps his nose clean and plays well, maybe there will be a deal at the trade deadline.

18. malakas

malakas Member

I meant that he won't sign with stipulations on his contract not to drink etc, for such a small contract like the one we can offer him. But I could see him signing with a contender or a "contender" for a small contract to reup his value. Doubt though a vet min.

OKC still has the minimle right?

that's what the latest report was, but the first report was like you said. Anyway it's irrelevant because it's still a stupid ass move. Imo.

19. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

He has to want to sign both places. It is extremely doubtful he would sign with Philly because they are awful. Portland won't take the chance on him when they have Lilliard. Neither are realistic options.

Josh Smith took the most money he could get because we had the BAE left.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Mavs have a decent amount of cap space left and they'd love to steal a player from the Rockets.