1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jayfree

jayfree Member

So when are we going to actually inquire about a trade for Lawson already? We have a great bargaining chip with TJones.

It seems to me that we are waiting on a KJ offer so we can match, then resign Smith before we look at a trade possibility- is that the scenario?

If this doesn't happen then I would like the Rockets to look at Donald Sloan as their backup PG.

The Spurs traded a future 2nd round pick for Ray McCallum (to replace Corey Joseph) which makes me wonder why the Rockets couldn't have done the same. So that makes me feel like a trade scenario is in the works once the other pieces fall into place.

Thoughts?

2. jayfree

jayfree Member

Or are we going to end up with a Ridnour as our PG?

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Seems like a random trade thread. Hmm.

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Damn! I thought we traded for Lawson ... don't.you.ever.do.that.again.

[​IMG]

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

HAHAHA my bad! :(

6. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I have no doubt we are. As Rocket fans we've become accustomed to the media spotlight of publicly chasing big name free agents that is actually happening, not a rumor started by some idiot trying to get his "journalism" career started. Melo, Bosh, Aldridge, Howard, Gasol.

But he is in a contract year which makes things much more difficult. We will definitely get a solid point guard, but I'm guessing in the December/January time frame. Last minute trade deadline deals have been lateral moves for us mostly.

7. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Ray McCallum sucks

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I wouldnt hold my breath. But a trade for Lawson is going to be hard given that they would want to shed salary as well in the form of getting K.Farid off of their books as well. He is owed alot of money for the next 3 years. That is going to be an hindrance going forward, and would take draft picks and other assets to send to 3rd team to take him on....... In a Lawson trade I would be more than happy to take Wilson Chandler along with him though. :D

9. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Why must these stupid threads continue to pop up? Post in the gossip thread known as cybrex.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We have no idea what Morey has and hasn't discussed. He may or may not have already discussed a Lawson trade. He may or may not be in discussions with Denver right now. He may or may not even want Lawson.

We don't know because the Rockets keep a tight ship. We'll probably only know if a trade actually happens.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Rookify this man.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think they're going to do it today or tomorrow. Maybe next week or the week after.

I'm not really sure.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's not a PF so he's not on Morey's radar

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Your thread title sucks.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh man, your sources are better than mine! I haven't heard anything yet.. Lol

16. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

0 defense, we don't need more offense, locker room cancer, don't need don't want

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Don't pretend Ray McCallum is great, just because the Spurs traded for him.

If Morey made that trade, half would be saying "2nd round pick for this scrub? This guy is the answer to our PG woes with Beverley? FIRE MOREY!"

And now the situation is reversed. He's suddenly some good PG that Morey should have acquired all along.

Regarding Lawson, Clutch said he's heard they didn't think Lawson was a great fit but did hear that Harden would like Lawson here.

Lowry isn't available.

18. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Boston still shopping Smart?

Boston has a billion guards, and a couple weeks ago rumors were they were shopping Smart. What does everyone thing about a trade for him? He's young, got a lot of potential and could be a good backup scoring guard off the bench. Probably fairly cheap.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

My sources say doing it in a month is also in play.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think it is a good pick up for the Spurs for their 3rd string PG. Maybe he develops and becomes good enough to be a reliable backup. Maybe.