1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Law and order teen charged with murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

A weirdo but not enough of a threat until fake Miniature stone cold Wanted to stone cold stun him on the concrete so the kid ran then once evasion wasn’t feasible had to resort to shooting the thug

Corrosion likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes it would be morally reprehensible to be a right wing terrorist.

He placed himself in a position due to hate where he feels compelled he had to *defend himself". He placed himself in that position and therefore I don't have much sympathy for the kid outside of just feeling sorry for him falling into the right wing social media rabbit hole instead of doing normal things kids his age do such as try in school and try to flirt with girls etc.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  4. ROXRAN

Would it be morally reprehensible to be a violent left wing terrorist?

I don’t think the kid had the hate if he was willing to attend as a medic. Do you feel sorry for the rioters that fall into left wing violence that led ultimately to their untimely deaths due to the hate that has been fostered from the left wing ?

Corrosion likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Yes he has hate given his history with his classmates and the rhetoric expressed. Someone who uses "libtards" in there normal every day lingo has hate in their hearts. They are knee deep in the culture wars and are deeply tribal. No one of rational mind especially at 17 are compelled.to save businesses from another friend and bring their rifle to the situation. That's called false ptretext to justify said hatred in his heart.

And left wing terrorism is morally reprehensible. Fortunately it's no where near as prevelant and deadly as right wing terrorism.

6. ROXRAN

I would disagree based on the left wing terrorism which resulted in the deaths of the small girl that drove into the Atlanta chop zone. And speaking of chop zone, the original...the deaths that happened there? Remember that? Or the black cops killed by the left wing terrorist rioters . These left wing terrorist rioters are neck deep in the culture wars and are an existential threat to anyone they come across

7. fchowd0311

You can anecdote me all day but numbers aren't on your side with your pushed narrative. One right wing walmart shooting or one black church shooting pretty much covered the entire history of left wing terrorism deaths in the US in the past multiple decades.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it's typical to shoot someone, call a friend and tell them you shot them, then get off the phone and shoot another person.

Let's see

1. shooting someone in the back: Self-defense?
    2. Shooting an unarmed medic: self-defense?
    3. Bringing an automatic rifle to a protest? Self-defense?

Again, if this guy was a black man, people here would be declaring he should have been shot

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Also it makes perfect sense that right wing extremists are going to be more violent. Your avatar picture is a pretty strong representation of my premise. Right wingers from my experience incessantly brag about being more prepared for armed conflict and are far more active in militias and are far more prone to believe that firearms are the solution to a problem.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope they throw the book at him, and are successful on all charges, or at least the most serious ones

oh, and lol at people still trying to have sincere debates with right wing trolls...they either disregard facts, intentionally play dumb, or are just plain dumb

What’s the point?

11. ROXRAN

So far the world sees the violence overwhelmingly from your left wing terrorist rioters...as far as my avatar picture? Does that make you feel uncomfortable?

12. fchowd0311

Seeing as using a rifle was part of my proffesion for a 4 years, no. I'm just stating that you are a ammosexual who believes that firearms are part of a solution.

Again, one white supremacist in one day in one black church murdered more Americans than Antifa has in their entire existence.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

Ok by your logic you are a Winnie the Poohsexual with a creepy attraction to children. You should re-examine your purpose in this world

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why was a 17 year old from out of state with an illegal weapon defying a city wide curfew? How many laws does he have to break before getting arrested? The answer it sounds like is several felonies and a couple misedemeanors.

RayRay10 and calcium like this.
  15. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

It is easier to get out of jail than it is to get out of the casket. Always remember that boys and girls.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These right wing militias have been itching for a fight for a long time, looks like they are getting it. @ROXRAN is probably ready to join.

mdrowe00, DaDakota and RayRay10 like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its amazing the arguments some people use when nobody has said the things they are railing against.

Who said he was there to kill everyone.

fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've heard this argument too that he was there as a medic. I'm not going to rule out he didn't think he was a medic or that he didn't try to help people medically but as someone who did provide medical during recent protests it doesn't change my opinion he shouldn't have been there and that he was stupid.

He's woefully unequipped to provide any serious medical aid and he's not wearing anything identifying him as a medical. When I volunteered I certainly didn't go armed. That would defeat the purpose of being a medic as my job wasn't to take a side, protect property, or fight off looters. It was to treat injured people. Going around openly carrying is a show of force meant to intimidate. It is the opposite of showing that you are there to offer aid.

Again even if we accept that Rittenhouse had good intentions this is another example of he putting himself and others in danger.

fchowd0311, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You guys can try this on the internet all you want but no arguments are going to matter until we get a presentation to the Grand Jury and a case presented to a jury. It's way way too close to call without sworn and corroborated testimony.

However, if I were the DA, I'd press the murder charge and charge the Mom as an accomplice. I'd keep the pressure on the kid that his Mom is going to prison until he takes a plea for manslaughter.

If I were the defense, I would take it to trial. Paying the legal fees shouldn't be a problem with conservative donors and the case is ambiguous enough that reasonable doubt is probable.

And I'll bet the first trial ends in a hung jury, so this won't be decided for a couple of years.

///just idle speculation, not a lawyer

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

There was an article recently where they spoke to a number of people that were at the protest and it is consistent with what you said and also is consistent with what we see in the video where everyone ignores him. Multiple people have come out and said that he was "odd" and him carrying a 223 was extremely unusual to be "a medic". He was also quite young and don't forget these same protesters saw him brandishing his 223 next to the police trying to keep people out of the streets.... why would any protesters trust anything he says? Also he was quite pushy in that video which is consistent with the witnesses. Also a few people said he has pointed his weapon at them at various points.

This just sounds like a perfect storm. You have a kid that had a tough upbringing, that was widely unpopular, was bullied.... then latches on to far right wing rhetoric that gives him purpose and a group..... that is only 17 years old, with access to guns.... that goes to Wisconsin in an adult situation and people died as a result of it all.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.