1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lavar Ball

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, Jul 18, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

Prison in Asia can't be that bad, you dance thriller and perfect your ninja skills like the batman guy.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes Trump is a moron but Lavar is a piece of SH*t! Trump doesn't need to advertise he got them out of jail and look for praise but Lavar's reaction is just disgusting. Lavar owes anyone that got his kid out of jail in a foreign country, who was clearly caught red handed, his gratitude and should be appologizing for his son's behavior. Like someone stated, if anyone goes to a foreign country they should respect their culture and rules. I bet if a tourist came to Lavar's house and stole something he would feel alot differently about that tourist just getting released.

RiceRockets likes this.
  3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He's lucky it wasn't a place like Singapore where that kid got Cained...

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The are similar .. . it does not hurt him to say . . TRUMP GOOD JOB - Hancock style
    and be done. . . but they both want to draw attention to them selves and
    his son is just a political football

both of them are just trifling

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. BackdoorHarden

Cained in Singapore is better than 10 years in a Chinese Prison. If only the President wasn't trying to get public attention...

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Trump is going to get Lavar as his campaign manager for his reelection. :D

RiceRockets likes this.
  7. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

8. LaVar Ball

LaVar Ball Member

I'm light years ahead.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I truly don't feel like China should have let those teenagers go. This is really a bad example for everyone. The Ball family are public figures. Most people have heard about them. I really am worried that people are going to think they can just go over seas and do what they want and not
    Maybe not but that should have been the choice. Cained and then released back to the United States or stay there for 10 years. Those kids got away with a crime.

10. BackdoorHarden

Jackie Chan, one of the most famous people in China and in the world, told his son to stay in prison and do your time for doing a crime.

His crime? Smoking weed, which is legal in CA, WA, and CO.

"Jaycee Chan told a press conference in Beijing yesterday that he was sorry and wanted to start afresh.

"As a public figure, this incident has brought a negative impact on society," he said.

"My supporters have been let down and my business partners have suffered losses. I do not have any reasons or excuses, I made a mistake.

"I am here to offer my apology to the public for my mistakes. I'm truly sorry. From now, I must live the life of a lawful citizen," he said.

He was picked up by the police along with the Taiwanese actor Ko Chen-tung at a foot massage parlour in the capital on August 14 after officers had received a tip-off.

He admitted to "sheltering others to use drugs", a charge which carries up to three years in jail.

Chan was granted a lighter sentence by the Dongcheng District People's Court because he had volunteered information to the police about his drug use.

Chan told the press conference, which was broadcast on state television, that his father did not use his influence to try to reduce his prison term, nor did his parents visit him in jail.

"I do not wish them to see me suffer. Nobody would've wished to see their family members suffer," he said.

"I made a mistake and I should shoulder it on my own. I don't want my mistakes to affect my father. I must apologise for my own mistakes."

Chan said he hoped that his acting career was still viable.

Several celebrities have been arrested in Beijing in recent months in a crackdown on drug use in the capital.

Huricane and daywalker02 like this.
  11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I found this part of Lavar's statement quite revealing: "Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out."

Lavar, I know this is hard for you to grasp....but this isn't about YOU. Trump didn't do anything to help YOU...he did something to help your KID...but you have the ego to think it is about YOU.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Both are Pieces of Sh*t

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If I recall the son was very thankful to Trump etc in the press conference.

Rocket River

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both are pieces of work but when it comes to bball it's obviously LaVar.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Trump got involved because it was high profiled. He did help. Lavar should be gracious and thank him

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Neither of those words are in Lavar's vocabulary.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

the point was they were never in prison. they went from under suspicion of shoplifting, to house arrest at the Hyatt hotel where they were free to roam (far cry from prison), to having LV dropping the charges.

The NCAA are throwing money at China to expand their market there. Even Alibaba is involved. This problem was always going to go away.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

never seen bigger man children than these two, they deserve each other. Lavar is getting more attention with it, but that's part of his brand appeal so I can't really judge.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

That had a lot to with local sentiment towards expat brats. Their govt was making an example to curry public favor.

In China it's far easier to pay compensation and have things settled quickly.

MorningZippo likes this.